I've played many games with this deck since DMF release and i think this is the most fun and optimum version.
Very good against demon hunters, many fun interactions, long and interesting games.
10 upvotes: Mulligan guide. 15 upvotes: Gameplay guide with specific matchups and replacements.
Mulligan: 1.Keep; 2.Keep if you already have something ; 3.Keep if you have something and the coin.
I will probably change this guide cause meta is going to change after nerfs, but for now:
- DH, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue, Paladin, Mage: 1. Minefield; 2.Stage Dive, Livewire Lance, Bladestorm, Shield Block, Lord Barov, Whirlwind, Shield Slam; 3.Kargath Bladefist, Sword Eater, Brawl;
- Priest, Warrior, Warlock, Druid: 1. Shield Block, Shield Slam, Sword Eater, Livewire Lance,Corsair Cache; 2. Ringmaster Whatley, Silas Darkmoon; 3. Armagedillo;
Aggro: Basically two decks that got nerfed, so i don't feel like it's gonna be a big deal. There's no much to talk. They are pushing, you're defending. You have enough tools to survive. Watch out for Cult Neophyte. Don't let him bulid a table.
Paladin: The matchup is nice.Keep in mind Zephrys the Great is a dummy and he might have problems with silencing Libram of Wisdom (using zeph on libram is definitely worth it), so when you play it, make it as obvious as it possible. Watch out for early Blessing of Authority. For Libram of Hope or something you have Silas.
Soul DH: Win conditions here are Bulwark of Azzinoth and Rattlegore. I think the best opportunity to play bulwark is when you have like 15 health and he has this soul weapon with 4 attack. Probably there will be good value from Ramming Speed (Soulshard Lapidary, Bladed Lady) and Silas. Bladed Lady is a demon so if you're able to steal her with Silas, you will get 6/6 rush on the N'zoth turn. Don't forget about stupid Kayn Sunfury.
Control Warlock: Rattlegore, Rattlegore, Rattlegore. He is sooo good against Warlock. It is possible to win without him but we would have to count on his luck and things that he discard us (forget about C'Thun). So just keep Rattlegore on your starting hand. Really, he can't deal with him. Also try to steal Tickatus with Silas for bigger N'zoth value.
E.T.C Warrior: If he plays early Rattlegore then steal it but if he's running out of cards then you better use Zeph (you have to hex him so use hero power first because zephrys would give you Natalie Seline and you can't let him summon copies of Rattlegore. His combo is 5 cards, 7 attacks, 36-42 dmg so there are 2 ways. Have more health than he can take or just keep your table clear (include killing your own minions), armor up and wait for C'Thun, the Shattered.
A bunch of interactions:
- Lord Barov=>Headmaster Kel'Thuzad=>Whirlwind; This combo steal your opponent's whole table. That don't happen often, but the potential of the combo makes Whirlwind worth keeping in deck. Headmaster Kel'Thuzad works with other cards like Coerce or Ramming Speed as well.
- Silas Darkmoon and Lackeys. Against control always try to keep 1 lackey in hand (especially against warrior).
- Kargath Bladefist and Stage Dive. Try to wait for pulling out 12/11 gain ten armour, but if you can kill his minion with a 6/5 or even 4/4 just do it.
Menagerie package is very flexible here so you can base on your own invention. I preferred taunt package with Armagedillo and Tomb Warden cause aggro guys that got nerfed couldn't deal with double 5/8 but Claw Machine, Circus Amalgam or even Darkmoon Dirigible are also ok. You could replace Hecklebot with something as well. Scrapyard Colossus is also a thing. Your choice.