Just hit legend with this tempo/small spell mage deck! It has strong matchups vs Pala and Rogue while also being able to defeat druids. I feel like this deck is reasonably easy to pick up, while still offering a lot of interesting decision making!
I know winrates with very small sample sizes are a bait, but this deck feels solid against the ladder meta right now, so i wanted to share it with you guys! (sry for the clickbait)
Mulligan tips & gameplan: (will add more details if you guys are interested)
- Hard mulligan for Lab Partner and Primordial Studies, keep Cram Session if you have either of them.
- Keep Firebrand versus Pala (dont let them stick minions to the board), Druid (kills their 5/4 stealth) and Aggro Decks
- Picking up Counterspell from Magic Trick will often save your live against Druid.
- Don't make the mistake and be too greedy for value in matchups that are not value oriented! Sometimes a Sorcerer's Apprentice or Evocation for only 2 cards can pay off immensely - prioritize your curve and mana usage!
- Regarding Primordial Studies: most of the time you'll want to pick the cheapest options - Lab Partner or Astromancer Solarian to fill your mana curve and empower your small spells. Don't get too greedy on value in tempo matchups!
When in doubt remember GM Zalae's words: "tempo good"!
Depending on what decks you are facing, it might be a good idea to put in a Frostbolt (this card is good vs Weapon Aggro) or Mirror Image instead of Violet Spellwing (this card is good vs Rogue). Brain Freeze is also a bit flexible, in some matchups a replacement might be stronger.
For card substitutions also check out the comments!
Edit: I have had better results vs faster decks after subbing in Wandmaker.
You can comment or dm me, if you want more tips or care to see some replays :)
if you enjoy the decklist, please upvote!