My name is Anomaly and today I bring to you my pick to be the best deck of the upcoming meta; Enrage Warrior
Why Enrage over Egg?
Although going into this patch, both decks were seen to be perfect substitutes (Equal in power level and win rate). Egg warrior does not have that consistency when it comes to playing eggs on curve or coining it out on turn 2 into a Teron Gorefiend. Also, Enrage warrior is a better matchup into Galakrond Priest and Quest Warlock because of the burst potential with 2 Kor'kron Elite whereas the Egg lists have just one. My Enrage warrior list has cut the Injured Tol'vir because the card was best on curve against rogue because they cannot use Sealed Fate on a 2/3 damaged minion. Well, rogue is going to be a much more agressive class now so I wont have to worry about that! Enrage is going to be the superior deck post expansion release in my opinion.
What new cards did this deck even get?
- Shield of Honor is going to replace Rampage in the list because it proves the same attack power for half the mana cost (Divine shield is a bonus). Now, Rampage is a better card early on in the game where the raw stats are more valuable so it is definitely feasible to run one copy of each card even though the burst combos with 2 Shield of Honor has me salivating but more on those later.
- Coerce is my replacement for Execute, I think paying one mana more is worth destroying a minion even if it isn't damaged. This removal option is just too flexible and easily replaces Execute for me.
- Reaper's Scythe is in this deck because I expect to see a lot of early aggressive decks looking to gain board control ASAP, This weapon provides that extra flexibility where you can just go face for 8, or use the spell burst mechanic and gain back control of the board in a snap, I might swap this out for a Wrenchcalibur if the meta slows down later in the expansion and I face more Highlander decks or Pure Paladin because of what the bombs do to their synergies.
Against Hunters, Druids (If spell druid or Treant druid is the most common archetype), Rogues, Demon Hunters, Mage? (Tempo mage seems legit so far) and Paladin (Murloc Paladin) mulligan for Risky Skipper, and Warmaul Challenger. If you have skipper in hand pre-mulligan look for a Bloodboil Brute as you can cheat it out really early and even for 0 mana on turn 5 if the opponent has a full board (Ex. Glowfly Swarm)
- Control. The. Board: You want to always have a presence on board because you don’t run innate board removal options like Brawl and Bladestorm (If I notice that these cards might need to be added, I will update the guide accordingly). You can use one Bloodsworn Mercenary in conjunction with your Risky Skipper combo by copying a Bloodboil Brute or Armorsmith to keep the board in your favour at all times.
- Understand when to use battlerage: This is very key to the fluidity to the deck as your battle rage is what gets you closer to your nutty burst combos which I will explain later. Don’t be afraid to use a Risky Skipper in slower matchups along with a Bomb Wrangler on turn 4, or doing it turn 6 and following up with a battle rage for 2-3 cards. You don’t always have to get those insane 6 card battle rages to win the game.
- A LOT of people say this is an aggro deck but I would argue its “aggro” approach comes in the form of multiple card combos which doesn’t mean you burst them by turn 6 like most aggro decks usually do (We have had enough of Tempo Demon Hunters right??). Don’t have to rush it against slower decks and waste your combo resources unless you have a significant board advantage and can capitalize with Rampage / Shield of Honor, Inner Rage either for more damage or 1 damage spot removal. I do try to save one Inner Rage to activate my damage combos though.
Understanding the Damage Breakpoints:
This deck runs 30 class cards and all he cards mesh very well together. The Risky Skipper is what makes the entire class work so I would suggest saving your dust before crafting any warrior deck without it.
- Ancharrr is a very nice card to have to draw some of your pirates from your deck (This deck has 4). You can run something like the Bonechewer Brawler but keep in mind your draw engine is significantly diminished.
- Bloodsworn Mercenary and Warmaul Challenger have been core but you can get away with running one of each and use cards like a Bladestorm or an Acidic Swamp Ooze.
- Grommash Hellscream is a nice way to deal 10-12 damage outta nowhere but since you already run combos for charge damage with other cards, perhaps you can replace this with a control/value tool like Kargath Prime or a Captain Greenskin/ Doctor Krastinov. If you don’t have a legendary replacement, a Brawl can suffice.
Hope you guys find this deck to be effective as early as day 1 and do look forward to your feedback in the comments below :)