Hi everyone! I am trying to build a solid quest mage for some time and it is shame that I found it right before the Scholomance expansion. I climbed to legend really fast. It has around %75 win rate. It is insanely fun and unexpected, but it is really hard to master.
Always keep the quest.
- Aggro - Ancient Mysteries and Flame Ward are hard keep but you may also keep Questing Explorer and Licensed Adventurer. Wait for them to play some minions then Flame Ward them easy.
- Warrior - General Mulligan is ok if they are bomb try to finish the quest as soon as possible and draw your cards then keep your hand full to burn bombs. Your hero power will provide the fuel you need.
- Priest - Try to find Counterspell, freeze and make your Conjurer's Calling. Against Soul Mirror, Khadgar on board will create 1+ more minions for him that will not attack. Therefore you will always have 1-2 8mana minions left on board. Try to finish quest fast and always hero power for value.
- The first rule is never concede - I have created 30+ dmg on board from nothing while freezing enemy board and there is always Walking Fountain chance on conjure to heal.
- Do not use useless cheap spells to create hand space. You always want your hand to be full for cycling random spells, don't afraid to float mana. Only play 3+ mana spells or necessary ones to create hand space.
- Save Mana Giant for Conjurer's Calling if you are not going for a lethal. However, do not save Conjurer's Calling for Mana Giant.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice should be played with Mana Cyclone or Evocation or Chenvaala.
- If you have the coin always keep Chenvaala.
- If you have a reasonable play and you can save Mana Giant and Conjurer's Calling until you draw Khadgar, save it.
- Use Font of Power to find 3x copies of your cards or Apexis Smuggler. Against aggro you can try to find Arcane Flakmage or Magic Dart Frog.
This is the final list I do not think I will update any card, have fun everyone!