- Stall the game with your ample removal making sure to stay at 6-7 cards in hand
- Play The Dark Portal to pull out Mecha'thun, MUST be discounted. Hemet, Jungle Hunter at a discount is optional, can be used without discount.
- Play Hemet, Jungle Hunter as soon as you can. It is recommended to have Bloodbloom in your hand for faster combo.
- Play the 5 mana Mecha'thun and Cataclysm and sit back to watch the fireworks
The key to this deck is naturally to survive as long as possible. There are not that many spells in warlock other than what has been chosen for the deck that would be better. The main reason is you do not want anything over 3 cost because of Hemet, Jungle Hunter.
Cards that can be replaced are:
- Shadow Council is currently a 1 of. You may consider exchanging this for another dark skies, however, i believe this card brings some stability in certain match ups. It also offers a use for Sacrificial Pact should you face a non-demon class. The key con of this card is losing your combo pieces.
- Sacrificial Pact is very useful in the current Demon Hunter meta, and I predict will always be playable to some extent. However, there are some options against a meta of secret mage and hunter variants like Curse of Weakness and Drain Life
Some things to remember:
- Plot Twist is very handy because drawing Mecha'thun at the fair price means we can't win the game on turn 7. Fortunately, we can send him back into the deck with this great spell.
- The Soularium: This card is very tricky because you may discard a combo piece. It is highly recommended you do not use it unless you have a Plot Twist in hand to ensure shuffling back your combo pieces in case you cannot cast them immediately. Tldr; "Are you feeling lucky, punk?"
- I know what you're thinking, "Why don't you run Supreme Archaeology, this card would be so good!" Well you're right. It would be good. If you didn't die in 5 turns to a certain newly released class whom I shan't mention. Losing a card for a slow quest is not necessary, The Dark Portal does a good job bargaining with blizzard about the exorbitant premiums we pay on our minions.
Let me know if you've thought of a better survival kit for this combo, or some minor changes to the list. Enjoy shattering your opponents dreams, and... All Hail Mecha'thun...