"No one expects the Reno Druid..."
This deck is super fun and is actually viable for climbing above rank 5.
Works well against a lot of aggro decks and can outlast most control decks.
This deck just works.
I would highly recommend giving this deck a try if you are tired of losing against the same meta decks over and over and over again. This deck is actually a blast to play in this meta.
Against Druid: Currently, Druid decks are kind of all over the place in terms of play style. If you suspect your opponent is playing an aggro deck, look for Wrath, Zephrys the Great, and Reno Jackson. Scalerider can be good if you have a dragon in your opening hand. Otherwise, look for Crystal Merchant, Breath of Dreams, or Zephrys the Great.
Against Paladin: Look for Swipe, Spellbreaker, Zephrys the Great, Deathlord, Wrath, and Poison Seeds. Keep Flobbidinous Floop if you have Zephrys the Great or Spellbreaker in hand. Reno Jackson can be good if you have a decent hand to start with.
Against Warlock: Look for Naturalize and Elise the Enlightened if Naturalize is the first or second card in your hand. If you find yourself constantly being queued up against Warlock, I would suggest teching in a Bad Luck Albatross.
- Flobbidinous Floop works great with almost every minion in this list. Your possibilities are pretty limitless with this card. Can be used as a full heal (Reno Jackson), An Elise the Enlightened endless mill combo with Naturalize, an extra N'Zoth, the Corruptor battlecry, two extra (0) cost dragons with Dragonqueen Alexstrasza, another Hadronox, another Ysera, Unleashed, or another Zephrys the Great. Remember Floop can also be used as an additional Zola the Gorgon.
- Hadronox can be resummoned with N'Zoth, the Corruptor
- Khartut Defender is sometimes all you need for a decent Hadronox/N'Zoth train.
- If you get Emeriss from Dragonqueen Alexstrasza, you will have a really fun time making your opponent cry when you play Floop and/or Zola next turn ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Elise the Enlightened is not necessary but can be used to out-value some control decks in the late game and swing some games against aggro decks pretty early if you have a decent hand.
- Hadronox is also not necessary as it is really only used in control games that last a while.
- Ysera, Unleashed is pretty useful, but not a required card to make this deck work. It's downside is it will add duplicates to your deck.
- Eater of Secrets can be replaced with any tech card depending on what you are being queued up against frequently. I find that Secret Mages are the most annoying decks to lose against personally.
Viable Replacement Cards
- Dirty Rat can work well against most combo decks you encounter. I wanted to put this card in the original list, but I feel like the list is really solid already.
- Baleful Banker could also be a viable card in this list. You could potentially play N'Zoth for 10 mana and play it again with Floop for 4 mana, letting you shuffle it into your deck with Baleful Banker.
- Ysera or The Lich King could work as viable replacements for Ysera, Unleashed and/or Hadronox.
- Branching Paths is a decent card and could certainly be teched into this deck.
- Witching Hour could be helpful if you want to center the deck more around Hadronox. You would have to be wary of Malfurion the Pestilent though because he summons beasts.
- Winged Guardian could be a nice addition to the taunt package if you have the new solo adventure set.
5 upvotes = mulligan guide 10 upvotes = mulligan guide + a more detailed write-up 25 upvotes = mulligan guide + a more detailed write-up + video with commentary
(I ordered a webcam lol, just waiting on its arrival)
40 upvotes = mulligan guide + a more detailed write-up + video with commentary + I begin steaming off-meta decks on Twitch with a microphone and facecam (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
Yeah, let's do this. You can find me on Twitch @ >> https://www.twitch.tv/aeterahs <<
I will most likely start streaming in March. I've got a few more things to set up and then it will be time (❛̃ ͜ʖ❛̃)
Credit: This list was inspired by a deck I played against on ladder piloted by Kizer#1422.