I went from 15->4 since I've published this deck. I made some changes but core is the same. It's extremaly satysfying to play because it's basically shaman abuse and only loses to priest/hunter or ridiculous rng like transform discovery. Mage is tough too but in general more greedy deck wins. It's not nasty at all and I in fact found few new friends who gave me props after I burned their face.
If you hate shamans I can recommend this deck.
Another incarnation of Surprise Mage. I finally managed to build a variant that carried me to rank 4. Thanks to lots of paladins on ladder Power of Creation made an edge. I looted Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron so I included it for giggles. I used it only once and I had full board clear but I lost anyway :)
Rules stay the same:
- Mully for Arcane Intellect / Arcane Flakmage / Ancient Mysteries.
- Against priest it's wise to keep Polymorph, and against shaman or paladin it's wise to keep Flame Ward.
- Control the board and play for value. When enemy runs out of steam you can push face with Cloud Prince and Sunreaver Warmage.
- Splitting Image should be used combined with Khartut Defender.
- Keep Naga Sand Witch untill you can lower mana cost of 2x Pyroblast - this is the finisher that hits more often than anyone thinks. Nobody plays around 2x Pyroblast.
Few things I learned while playing:
- - it's always good to use Arcane Intellect on 3. Board doesn't matter
- - if you can play Cloud Prince on 5, while playing secret for 0 it is worth it
- - shamans have Hex and they ruin Splitting Image
- - hunters always have Dinotamer Brann on 7 and Ragnaros the Firelord on 8
- - let's not talk about druids
PS2. People who don't like Vaporize shall remember it's Surprise Mage
PS3. I do not recommend this deck at rank 5. I lost most of my games after I posted the video and never came closer than 2 stars anymore :D