Going from ranked 5 to 3: 19-4. This is working well, based off of Torture Priest but with a better win condition: infinite Leeroys!
Thanks to kiwiinbacon for a spotlight.
Beating Mecha'thun Druid as the slowest deck around: priceless!
Bestmarmotte hitting Legend against Even Warlock!!
Will start a write up, but below are my games so far:
- WIN Similar idea, but futile https://hsreplay.net/replay/e2eqgEDijUJULte93KbnSL
- WIN You knew I was going to Seance your Shudderwock right? https://hsreplay.net/replay/ggCH6KWFtA5GCarxGroxtF
- WIN No miracle for you https://hsreplay.net/replay/RFXgeg5j6VtaWofJ4WCpaS
- WIN Better deathrattles than the hunter: https://hsreplay.net/replay/7BefLKSN4zymhuaytwLaNG
- WIN Burnt Zola, still beat Rexxar: https://hsreplay.net/replay/gGNtt5AQizZuVL7sPFYni3
- WIN Odd concede: https://hsreplay.net/replay/hrRszdXxcRzaEzQf3taBgQ
- LOSS Stupid zoo: https://hsreplay.net/replay/KmhxiygTrABGhTSJLmf5YW
- WIN Just another hunter: https://hsreplay.net/replay/QtRMoGfvixQB6cZFHTNNwY
- WIN How to beat infinite Warrior: https://hsreplay.net/replay/2GPYgJbnyNLKZhG5PyxoH9
- WIN Deathrattled Rogue: https://hsreplay.net/replay/JMnFkZUpcixwK22D7rGreC
- WIN Another DR Rogue: https://hsreplay.net/replay/RvC6QtYiwYxAXcSBrM4ixX
- WIN Yet another DR Hunter: https://hsreplay.net/replay/JDUZUnadeFeBv2NGQFEm5n
- WIN Quest Warrior: https://hsreplay.net/replay/8vpgWqQJQUyDGcakLC8CQo
- WIN Big Mage: https://hsreplay.net/replay/GvU8wn3zDYimRZg24fPDMd
- WIN Even Shammy: https://hsreplay.net/replay/bastDSnTHtrCpg2asAkKU7
- WIN Turn 2 OTK!: https://hsreplay.net/replay/kxXMALgVV63v2z7gi697QX
- LOSS Hubris finally got me: https://hsreplay.net/replay/4nTv5HDJ7gAUuZUY2jRrEA
- WIN Odd Pally: https://hsreplay.net/replay/cbPVWSmqUqF6py28zRPFEP
- LOSS Beast Hunter: https://hsreplay.net/replay/niP4Rszy7eextPfUmsF7fG
- LOSS And another:https://hsreplay.net/replay/YJ9gxe5xKv85NNwcdvzGCW
- WIN Zoo Warlock: https://hsreplay.net/replay/2gVooKAn3wxhNpVz7VjRfF
- WIN Dragon Priest: https://hsreplay.net/replay/8MDWdoq6Dp9w3W6nXyfbz9
- WIN Mecha'thun Druid: https://hsreplay.net/replay/GNrn6DwkEvZNsD8kxYnzgf
Gameplay and Win Condition
This is a kind of combo deck, so try to keep your key pieces until you can activate it. Is also a Priest Quest deck so just keep playing every DR minion you can and stall as long as possible to be able to play Amara, Warden of Hope but also get a copy. You will never fatigue so stall and draw as much as possible. My average game is 15 minutes and 16 turns; this isn't a quick deck. I am going to miss playing 2-4 x Psychic Scream more than words can say.
Also realise, I haven't "won" many games, all but a handful have the opponent conceding, sometimes all it takes is a Seance on Amara, Warden of Hope, but most will quit once the combo starts rolling...
Once you have the following conditions you can play the infinite combo:
- Be Shadowreaper Anduin, have Bwonsamdi, the Dead and Amara, Warden of Hope in hand and not many cards left in your deck (better if going into fatigue)
- 2 x Spirit of the Dead, Augmented Elekk, Zola the Gorgon on one of your Spirit of the Dead, ping Zola the Gorgon
- You now have a Spirit of the Dead in hand, and 4 x 1 mana Zola the Gorgon in your deck (and quite possibly 2 x Augmented Elekk after thier turn)
- From here you can always play a Spirit of the Dead, bounce it with Zola the Gorgon, and ping her to keep the loop going. Always ensure you can do this (have a Spirit of the Dead and Zola the Gorgon on hand at all times).
- Now weave in Amara, Warden of Hope, and Bwonsamdi, the Dead, always bouncing them with Zola the Gorgon and pinging Zola the Gorgon back into your deck. Do the same with Leeroy Jenkins or Zilliax to make things go faster, but unless they can do 40 damage in a turn you've already won.
- Board clears will slow you down, but there are only so many they have and eventually they will be forced to start sending other 1 mana cards into your deck.
If you feel pressed for time you can try and invoke the OTK combo and "just" rely on 5 x Amara, Warden of Hope if things go bad.
- You have Amara, Warden of Hope with 2 x Seance, then Zola the Gorgon, then Baleful Banker with Augmented Elekk. this is still 200 health they have to get through!
- Use 2 x Spirit of the Dead, Augmented Elekk and Leeroy Jenkins (who should die that turn)
- Then pull the 4 x 1 mana Leeroy Jenkins with Bwonsamdi, the Dead and play 5 next turn via Vivid Nightmare for 30 damage.
Under the right draw you will survive to turn 7 and play Amara, Warden of Hope with Seance. If you make it to here you are probably going to win the game. But therein lies the hard part, without a strong turn 5, or a perfect run of DR minions and Twilight's Call aggro is going to roll you and even Psychic Scream won't save you. Always know how much damage you can take and keep trying to complete the Quest ASAP.
Keep in mind your key turns up to 10 mana are odd, 5 you can Mass Hysteria, Rotten Applebaum or Zilliax, but also play 3 x DR minions via Twilight's Call and a 2 drop. Turn 7 you can Psychic Scream, or Amara, Warden of Hope and Seance or Baleful Banker. Turn 9 you can complete your Quest with a 2 drop and then do the above.
Always keep a DR 2 drop, the more Dead Ringer the better. Never keep any "combo" cards and hope for some 5 mana cards before turn 5.
Baleful Banker and the second Augmented Elekk are there to refill your deck, can be played with Amara, Warden of Hope, Rotten Applebaum, Leeroy Jenkins or Zilliax. Can also Amara, Warden of Hope, Zola the Gorgon her and then Baleful Banker on Zola the Gorgon to keep the dream alive. But both can be used for tempo in a pinch. They could also both be dropped for another Plated Beetle, Rotten Applebaum, or possibly 2 x Spirit Lash.
Vivid Nightmare is there to duplicate key cards as you need them (see comments).
Leeroy Jenkins and Zilliax can both be played to clear threats; neither are required to win (though infinite Zilliax is more valuable in the long run if you "lose" your Amara, Warden of Hope because you can't bounce her when needed.
I am finding this great fun to play, lots of decisions to make and obviously is working for me. I've been very lucky to avoid more aggro with such a greedy deck. Hope you have fun and thanks for liking. I think there will still be room for more infinite shenanigans after rotation, but rogue is going to be insane at the long game.
DISCLAIMER: I did not expect this deck to go as far as it has and sorry but the hsreply numbers are pretty dismal overall. Against aggro you need the perfect draw to survive, you probably aren't as fast as combo decks, and there is only so many other control or mid-range decks for you to beat easily. I can't fathom how people are losing to Warrior though.