Hello. I'm mAtww.
I've played OTK Paladin since the release of Rastakhan's Rumble Expansion. I find this archetype quite fun and solid against the Hunter Pride. I believe that almost everyone who tries it can get engage to, that's why this deck began so popular this days. The list I played in the first weeks was just very expensive, but if you landed on this page, probably you'll already know it.
After hours of tweaking and testing... I realized that everything you need is to draw and survive, till you pull out the combo, and finally win. Cards that make this possible are not even Epics or Legendaries, but mostly common and rare ones. So, I got the idea to make an F2P version of the deck!
Before you try, here's a quick guide summarized in three key points: Draw, Survive, Win
You have to draw very vast if you point to win. That's because you need at least 4 separate cards to roll the 4 Horsemen Combo. As your only win condition, you have to find them as fast as possible.
Crystology is a must keep card on Mulligan. Here's the list of the cards you can draw with it :
- Righteous Protector is a cheap taunt that can prevent you from early aggressions.
- Stonehill Defender is pure value. Try to Discover the best valuable minions for the scenario. Sunkeeper Tarim and Divine shield minions are always good choices.
- Tar Creeper is the best 1-Attack taunt on the market. We'll miss him soon.
- Novice Engineer is just part of the draw chain. I have nothing wrong with her.
There are other cards that will help you drawing faster. But I recommend you to never keep them in the mulligan, because they wont do much in the early game.
Here's the list:
- Potion of Heroism can be very frustrating for your opponent when you play it on a taunt minion. Even a Tar Creeper with divine shield can be a wall in the first 4/5 turns.
- Flash of Light can be used to restore your HP or the health of a minion. It's just a situational card.
- Hammer of Wrath comes out as a great tool against 3-Health minions, such as the Wolf from the Hunter Pride.
Your tools are really dangerous for your opponent. That's because you can reset board multiple times with your spells. They will be very crucial in almost every game, so I recommend you to use them wisely.
Here's the list of the possible combinations among them, sorted by their mana cost:
- (2) Equality + (2) Wild Pyromancer = (4) Full Clear
- (2) Equality + (4) Consecration = (6) Full Clear
- (5) Shrink Ray + (2) Wild Pyromancer = (7) Full Clear
- (5) Shrink Ray + (4) Consecration = (9) Full clear
Shrink Ray can work as a standalone card. Debuff your opponent's minions to take less damage.
Time Out! is your jolly card. Manage to use them in the best possible situation. Remember that you can trade minions with Grave Vengeance without taking any damage.
Uther of the Ebon Blade is your only win condition (unless your opponent's concede button or disconnection).
The Four Horsemen hero power will summon one of the 4 Horsemen every time you tap: First, you need to bounce 3 different horsemen to your hand, one on each turn. Then, you can play all of them in one turn and tap hero power to win.
Youthful Brewmaster and Ancient Brewmaster must be used to return the horsemen to your hand. Remember to play the cheaper one if you need to protect yourself by playing removals.
When your holding all the 3 pieces of the combo, play the Time Out! to get the guaranteed OTK in the following turn.
If your playing against secrets, remember to keep a (1) or (2) cost minion in your hand. Drop it before playing the horsemen combo to avoid any kind of trap.
I hope You enjoy
P.s There are more cards that can be added to this core list. I would suggest you to try these changes if you are facing many combo decks on rank 5+ :
+1x Acolyte of Pain ; +1x Blackwald Pixie
-1x Stonehill Defender ; -1x Tar Creeper