Hello, I'm Rdu, full time Hearthstone player for G2 Esports and Twitch Broadcaster at twitch.tv/rdulive
This is the Malygos druid that I finished top50 with and my teammate Neirea used to get #1 NA and finish on #2, and also another friend of mine, Thomm, finished top10 EU with.
I always keep Wild Growth , Twig , and Nourish. I keep Aracane Tyrant if I have Nourish.
I always would even keep 2 Wild Growths if offered, 2 Nourishes only in control match-ups. Would keep 2 Arcane Tyrants with Nourish in most match-ups(probably odd paladin is the only one where I wouldn't)
More Specific Mulligan
Card by card, from the cards I didn't mention yet, I would:
- Keep Innervate only on the coin with Wild Growth+Nourish+Ultimate Infestation
- Never keep Moonfire
- Keep Spellstone against Tempo Mage and against Rogue going first(so that it lines up against their Hench-Clan Thug) ; Also good against aggro hunter and odd rogue if you know what you're playing against
- Keep Naturalize only against Warlocks to deal with Mountain Giant
- Never keep Ferocious Howl
- Never keep Branching Paths (maybe a fringe case is against aggro hunter if you already have good hand)
- Keep Swipe against Paladin and against Rogue with either some ramp or if you're on the coin to deal with Hench-Clan Thug
- Never keep Faceless Manipulator
- Keep Starfall only against Paladin
- Keep Spreading plague only against Paladin
- Keep Malfurion if you already have ramp against Rogue, Warlock, Priest, Hunter, Warrior, Mage
- Keep Lich King in control match-ups if you have Wild Growth+Nourish or even Nourish alone on the coin in some match-ups
- Keep Alexstrasza only with an already godlike hand like Wild Growth+Nourish+UI
- Never Keep Malygos
- Keep Ultimate Infestation with Wild Growth+Nourish in non-aggro match-ups and even only with one ramp card in mirror and against Warlock, or only with Nourish against Rogue
If you don't have Lich King or Alexstrasza, you can replace them with a 2nd faceless.
If you want to spice things up, you can play Tyrantus instead of Lich King which I think is going to make match-ups against other druids, Shudderwock Shamans and Warlocks better at the expense of losing some percentages against aggro decks
Other than that, I don't think you can change any card if you want the full experience of this wonderful deck since it's built in such a way to not have horrible match-ups and always be able to win games against everything
'How do you win when they ooze twig?'
The question I get asked the most when I stream this deck is how do I win when they ooze my twig
Well, a lot of the time you don't draw your Twig since it's a legendary so the way you mostly win is by out-ramping your opponent and then curving cards such as LichKing/Alexstrasza and/or Ultimate Infestation and overpowering your opponent on board, sometimes even pushing damage with cards such as Spreading Plague or Malfurion the Pestilent which actually makes your hero power so much better!
Also keep in mind Malygos+2Moonfires is 12 damage and you can Alex them and also put them lower with cards such as DK or Swipe
Tl;dr: You win a lot of games because you play druid, Twig is just a bonus to punish people who don't play weapon hate or who tempo ooze early game not knowing what Druid you're playing
I like this deck a lot because it doesn't have any horrible match-up other than Control Mage and even there you can win with WG+Nourish into big threats
I also love the playstyle of this deck, it reminds me of Freeze Mage due to the fact that you need to make sure you survive a certain ammount of turns until you both gather the cards to kill your opponent and also get to attack 5 times with the Twig. The deck also has an insane ammount of defensive cards with both 1/5 Taunts and tons of Armor Gain
If you want to see this deck in action on high ranks, make sure to check out my stream!
Thank you for reading and I hope this guide is helpful :)