Hello fellow Hearthstoners !
It is me again, with an Hunter deck Archetype that I tought a lot about really early on when they announced the Witchwood expansion.
First of all, think of upvoting this deck if it helped you or if you liked the idea, it will really help us out reaching more people and maybe improve it even more !
This deck is all about synergies and removal and using your one mana hero power as often as possible : i.e. Wild Pyromancer with Grievous Bite or Deathstalker Rexxar. Activating Wing Blast for one mana cost and using your traps wisely. Don't underestimate Wild Pyromancer, he won me a lot of games !
My thoughts about the one mana hero power
This is what I think about the 1 mana Hero Power :
The Hunter's hero power was always considered as really powerful for 2 mana, but the fact that it now costs 1 mana is even better. Indeed, it puts your opponent on a timer and keeps a constant pressure on him, since you're able to play it on almost each turn, your cards having an even cost. Often enough, your opponent will have to choose between healing / gaining armor or dealing with your board, which is sticky enough to cause him an headache trying to do so.
If you play hunter, you know that your hero power is the key to victory most of the time, it being constant face damage. I consider it as a slow "poison" effect, but now costing 1 mana less :)
I tried 'standard recruit hunter' and mine seems to work better, at least for me. I don't know why, because I cut a lot of things in order to be able to be 'even', but I also included some cards that are never played in 'standard' recruit hunter like Wing Blast, Wild Pyromancer, Grievous Bite or Seeping Oozeling which prove to be very efficient all together.
I think it is a question of 'feeling' and loving the more 'control' style of this deck; but don't get me wrong, 'standard' recruit hunter is also very good, but it may demand less thinking since you don't have to use your resources as wisely as in my decklist.
- Kathrena Winterwisp : core of this deck, don't play it if you don't have her :(
- Houndmaster Shaw : this card has no direct replacement since its effects and stats are pretty unique. It is a must have in all hunter decks, but if you don't have him, I'd recommend you to play Witchwood Piper. This card will allow you to draw one Wild Pyromancer when most needed, or even one Spellbreaker if you already used both of them. You could also replace him with a Professor Putricide, but it will weaken your early game a bit.
- Deathstalker Rexxar : he allone won me a lot of game. I don't see any replacement and if you don't have him, the winrate of this deck will certainly go down. Try to play one Skulking Geist instead if you don't already have one in your deck, or one Mossy Horror in order to deal with the Dude Paladins and Token Druids, and even Warlocks ( Voidwalker spawnig out of Voidlord, Vulgar Homunculus, etc.)
- The Black Knight : As for Deathstalker Rexxar, try to play one Skulking Geist instead if you don't already have one in your deck, or one Mossy Horror in order to deal with the Dude Paladins and Token Druids, and even Warlocks ( Voidwalker spawnig out of Voidlord, Vulgar Homunculus, etc.). Argent Commander could also be a possibility.
- The Lich King : he can generate a lot of value, or be completely useless depending on your luck. It is a priority target for your oppopent, and will often give you one more turn in order to do what you have to. Replace him with Primordial Drake.
Mulligan guide ( coming soon)
Matchups (coming soon)
Proof after almost a hundred games
Global statistics are low for the moment, they just appeared and most of the player aren't used to this deck for the moment :)
Super Heavy Meat Wagon decklist I've yet to try :
|Minion (17)||Ability (12)||Playable Hero (1)|