VALAR MORGHULIS. VALAR DOHAERIS.
- Last updated May 30, 2018 (Spiteful Nerf)
- 12 Minions
- 17 Spells
- Deck Type: Ranked Deck
- Deck Archetype: Malygos Rogue
- Crafting Cost: 6780
- Dust Needed: Loading Collection
- Created: 5/27/2018 (Spiteful Nerf)
- Registered User
Total Deck Rating
This deck was made by Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons.
Her reign has just begun. Turn us away and we will burn you first.
A big thank you to KiwiinBacon, King of Youtube, Rightful Son of the Hearthpowniens, Broadcaster of the Unsullied who has showcased the deck on his channel. Make sure you check it out!
How to burn your ennemies and get on the Iron Throne?
Hide in the dark and when turn 10 comes, call your Dragon, the great and only Malygos. Burn your ennemy with a Razorpetal from your Razorpetal Lasher. Shadowstep your dragon back into your hand. At this stage your ennemy will beg you to let him alive. But are you a sheep? No, you are a Dragon, be a Dragon.
Next turn burn him into ashes with your 7 mana Malygos and Sinister Strike. You can eventually add Eviscerate but most often it is not necessary.
Do not forget to upvote the deck if you like the idea and want to join the Unsullied. Daenarys will be grateful ;-).
You can also join the discussion on the forum and vote for who will be on the Iron Throne at the end of last season via this link: https://www.hearthpwn.com/forums/hearthstone-general/general-deck-building/218396-join-the-unsullied-valar-morghulis-valar-dohaeris
Mulligan guide at +10 General strategy guide at +30
Detailed card discussion +100
Detailed Matchups guide +150
free early board clear against most minions, Always Keep. Great for activating ur Elven Minstrel or Vilespine Slayer
Keep. Helps you protect other minions to let you face the opponent and is strong early defense in general
Keep against aggro deck, use with Preparation for activating ur Elven Minstrel or Vilespine Slayer and draw a card.
Keep against aggro, very good to play on turn 2, helps you hold decent control of the board in the early game.
Always Keep. will bring you a ton of value with spiders that will help you survive and let you do your Malygos combo later in against control decks.
Keep on the coin to play it on turn 3 or if you have Backstab to play on turn 4.
Keep against spiteful decks and warlocks. helps you remove the opponent threats and Arcane Giants.
Keep if you have a Preparation and decent 0-3 mana drops.
The other cards you DO NOT want to keep even tough it might look good. It is important to know well the mulligans to hold as holding the right mulligans against the right opponent will strongly increase your winrate with this deck.
There are basically three main strategies that you will have to carefully choose depending on your opponent and the way the game is running. A general rule is do not play too fast and try to figure out how the game could evolve. and above all: COUNT the damage potential you have in your hand even if you don't have Malygos in it!
1. "Rush": This is when you notice you have a good board control and spell damage in hand. In this case do not hesitate to start facing your opponent to lower his health down so you can finish him with spells around turn 8-9 without even using Malygos. This situation will generally happen if you had a good draw like early Fal'dorei Strider, Tar Creeper and spells that gave you board advantage against slow control decks. It also happens sometimes against greedy aggro decks facing you back and you can suprise them by shadowstepping Lifedrinker.
2. "Tempo finish" with either Malygos or Valeera the Hollow support: This situation is ideal, you have the right cards for the combo in hand around turn 9-10 . You are setup for a big spell finish. Of course Malygos offers the highest potential damage in this case but do not underestimate the effect of Valeera. For example 2x Sinister Strike and 1x Eviscerate with the replay effect gives you a potential 16 damage to kill the opponent on turn 10 even without using Malygos. So I repeat myself but always count the damage you have in hand! you will be surprised how much you can deal in one single round. This tactic will work against all deck types of course but requires that you have the right cards in hand early enough.
3. Late Control finish: This strategy is to be done against control decks that have been able to secure board and life. In this case, you will want to slowdown your game. Do not play too much cards and just control your opponent as well. You will wait to have Valeera the Hollow and hold as many cards as possible to replay them twice with it. You will play one single card per round with this replay ability. You will see that eventually your opponent will run out of solutions. Your Fal'dorei Strider will be key in this setup to apply late pressure and deal sufficient face damage so you can end the game with an OTK combo with your Malygos. WANTED! coins will help you secure this OTK.
Example OTK late combo: 2 coins in hand received from Wanted!, 1 prep, 1 eviscerate, 1 razor petal, 2 sinister strike. Play Malygos (after shadowstep previous round). you have 3 mana left. play 1 Coin (4 mana). Play 1 Prep, Eviscerate + Replay Eviscerate (18 damage, 2 mana left). 1 coin (3 mana). 2 sinister strike + 1 razor petal (22 extra damage) so a 40 damage OTK potential.
Normally if you play the deck often, you will start more and more to realize when to choose the appropriate strategy and this will dramatically improve your winrate.
Card replacements from 30 May: - 1 Vilespine Slayer; -1Bloodmage Thalnos ; +1 Tar Creeper ; +1 Vanish
Not only F2P! It took me to rank 5 for this season! Thanks a lot! Amazing deck
I really like this deck. I changed the -1 Tar Creeper -1 WANTED! -1 Cursed Castaway for +2 SI:7 Agent and +1 Bloodmage Thalnos and it works wonders for me. Climbed fom rank 10 to rank 6 in a day. This is the most fun deck to play in this meta for me
Do you think it could be good having a Auctioneer instead of the Sprint?
Great deck btw
Man, GREAT DECK. Most fun I've had since Kingsbane mill. Thanks
Do you think this is better than the Spiritsinger Umbra and Kobold Illusionist OTK version?
The differences between the two are pretty staggering, IMO. From what the description says, you need only 3 combo pieces in hand for this deck to function (Malygos, Shadowstep, and some cheap burn spells).
On the flip side, the Umbra deck requires at least 5 combo pieces to function (Malygos, Spiritsinger Umbra, Kobold Illusionist, Backstab, and cheap burn spells). This isn't even mentioning the fact that you need to have no other minions in hand AND be Valeera the Hollow.
There's so many moving parts to that deck, but it damn near guarantees a OTK if pulled off. This deck can't pull off the flashy saxophone music style combo, and it relies on the opponent not having any sort of answer for the incoming burn (heal, armor), but what this deck lacks in flashiness it makes up for in flexibility and a variance of win-conditions. If the Malygos doesn't kill your opponent, an army of spiders will.
Personally, I prefer the OTK version, but that's just me.
GREAT DECK ! feels very refreshing to pilot malygod rogue again <3 <3
Pls make a more indepth guide to this deck its really fun and its somewhat cheaper for the standard malygos rogue
Thanks for the write up and deck!, I'm really enjoying it and have won more than lost☺
People these days upvote titles and funny descriptions, not the deck by itself, what a shame :/
Should have been called Valygos >.>
probably one of the worst decks i have ever played on the ladder so far. 0/8 wins at rank 15. do not recommend this in current aggro meta
This deck is refreshingly fun to play. won five in a row, currently at rank 5
best guide ever
I imagine that this is fun to play whenever you're not wanting to rank up. Every malygos rogue deck I've managed to cough up either has no/too low heal, burn or draw. It's always trade between those. If you put in auctioneer and spells, you lack heal. If you put in heal you must cut spells which makes auctioneer bad and if you cut those you don't have enough draw for cases when some of burn pieces or malygos is at the bottom.
If you want to stuff malygos into rogue and have good time ranking up... put malygos into druid or priest. Works a lot better without unbearable clunky feeling.
My friend just asked if I was okay because as I read the introduction I made an audible "tsssss, oof" sound.
Not only is this deck incredibly fun, but it honestly can win games. While you might not win all the time against aggro, I feel like against any top tier control decks atm, you have a higher than 50% chance of winning. Decks like control mage, Kibbler's quest priest (which is being played a lot), control priest, taunt warrior, and spell hunter can all be beat as long as you know what your doing and how to do it. no, this deck is not an free ticket to legend, no deck is and its not supposed to be. And if you want to rank up, go to TempoStorm, not Hearthpwn. This deck is fun and it works, craft cards at your own risk.
"want to join the Unsullied."
oh no way
cringiest deck instruction ever