Hey guys! I've been doing very well on ladder with this elemental shaman build that I've used to climb from Rank 5 to Legend Rank. For some reason I haven't seen many popular streamers or legend players using this deck so I wanted to share.
Unfortunately I don't have any deck stats since I have mostly been playing on mobile...
Why should you play this deck?
- It has favored match-ups against Cube Warlocks, Aggro Paladins, AND Spiteful Druids! (YES, REALLY!)
- It is fun to play, especially when you get to go off with a bunch of spells from Hagatha or semi-infinite combo your Shudderwock!
- If you want to be mean and troll your opponent with infinite Shudderwocks, YOU CAN!
Game Plan vs Aggro:
- Control their aggresion with cheap elementals and a ton of taunts
- Continue to stall and clear their board in the mid game with board clears and taunts
- Out-race them if you have won the board OR stall until you can hit a big swing card (i.e. Kalimos, Hagatha, or Shudderwock)
Game Plan vs Control:
- GO FACE with all of your elementals - buffing them with Earthen Might is ideal
- Continue to put threats on the board to put your opponent on the back foot
- HEX all of their key minions (i.e. Doomguard against Warlock, any big taunt against Hadranox Druid)
- Eventually overwhelm your opponent with Hagatha spells or Shudderwock shenanigans
- Unless you are trying to go infinite, it is often a good option to play Shudderwock as early as turn 9 or 10. The deck is built to make him a fantastic defensive tool as long as you get your elemental triggers
- Remember that Hagatha's battlecry is repeated by Shudderwock! Can be very useful for stomping aggro and often means you can play Hagatha on curve without wasting her effect
- Mulligan aggressively for Fireflies, Earthen Might, 3 mana taunts, board clears, and (when applicable) Hexes
- REMEMBER ELEMENTAL TRIGGERS - always be planning 1 or 2 turns ahead
Hope you guys enjoy the deck! I will write a more in-depth guide if it continues to do well.