Witchwood edit: Now that witchwood is out this deck is outdated :(. But you can find my latest mage build for witchwood here: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1084102-apxvoids-top-50-legend-elemental-tempo-mage
Hey I'm Apxvoid I'm a pro player mostly known for building mage decks. Here is my latest build that helped me climb to from rank 4 1 star to legend in 4 hours with exactly 70% winrate. Tweet here: https://twitter.com/Apxvoid/status/982164841518399489
I played and built the deck on stream so if you're interested in watching how it was built and how I climbed you can find the vod here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/247152384
"Why do you run stonehill?"
Stonehill adds a lot of utility to the deck.
- It can protect your board from being traded into (really useful against weapons like bow and rallying blade).
- It can help you stall the game and find burn spells to finish off your opponent. (really useful against paladins)
- Generates more board pressure which the deck can lack late game if you don't draw aluneth.
- Synergizes very nicely with fungalmancer since you can develop more minions.
"Why Fungalmancer in mage?"
- It provides that much needed midgame pressure that has the power to blow your opponent out with a board that they just cant deal with.
- Priests really don't have an answer to a high stat board like 7-7 crystal runners for example. Great against the most common AoE such as Duskbreaker and hellfire
- Getting extra minion damage with this deck is very useful. It means that you don't rely as much on drawing aluneth since you will usually need less burn to finish off your opponent.
- Against aggressive decks like paladin and mage value trades can be extremely important so they often get punished if they ignore your board and go face not expecting a minion buff.
I hope you guys enjoy the deck as much as I did, and good luck on your climb!
Twitch (I stream 5 or 6 nights a week around 8pm-1am PST) : twitch.tv/apxvoid