Updated Spiteful Priest decklist for the new Witchwood expansion. Looks strong as ever amid new competition. Modest changes from my 300 rating guide from Kobolds.
A Prince Keleseth version of this deck can be found here:
The basic gameplan remains:
1. Begin to create board pressure on turns 2-5.
2. Duskbreaker on turn 4 if necessary.
3. Spiteful Summoner on turn 6 (or turn 5 with coin).
4. Nightscale Matriarch on turn 7 allows you to generate additional pressure.
5. Try to save the Twilight Acolyte + Cabal Shadow Priest combo for a late game steal.
Key new additions include:
1. Scaleworm makes an immediate board impact prior to the Summoner turn.
2. Nightscale Matriarch is an activator in hand and a minion generator after play. You frequently have a board to heal and additional 3/3 minions help close out the game.
1. Northshire Cleric
2. Duskbreaker (especially vs aggro/midrange - consider keeping a dragon too)
3. Tar Creeper
4. Shadow Ascendant
5. Spiteful Summoner (vs control/mirror or with coin)
Alternate cards to consider:
Acidic Swamp Ooze - can be added when weapon removal is desired
Curious Glimmerroot - can be included in place of Spellbreaker
Nightmare Amalgam - a decent 3/4 body and dragon token
Stonehill Defender - an early taunt and value generator
Tortollan Shellraiser - another taunt option that can buff other minions
Bone Drake - an alternative dragon and value generator but an awkward fit
Wyrmguard - a turn 7 followup to Summoner that gains value from dragons
Have fun summoning victory!