Hi again! This deck im going to show u is something that many have requested. Even after the nerfs i felt like the meta is still quite boring and i wanted to add something interesting in it that would compete with current biggest threats on latter: aggro paladin, cubelock, bigspellpriest and secret mage. Once again this meant that the deck had to have both controll to block aggro -decks and finisher to win heavyer controll decks.
This decktype have climbed me from frank 10 to rank 5 with succesfully high winrate of 72%. From rank 5 foreward it have been more difficult and i have made many variations of the deck before i finally ended to this one.
Most of loses are againts bigspell priest (with dragons) and most of wins are againts cubelock and dudepaladin.
I see the deck potential, but also wery fun to play. I would not recommend this variation to unexperienced players. Games are intence and require a lot of knowledge of current meta and each opponents abilityes.
Edited 28.2.2018: Hit the legend rank with over 100 games and 60% winrate from rank 5 http://prntscr.com/il12xw
Added 10.3.2018: Deck got aired YouTube By Trolden and By Daily Heartstonen Funny Moments as a first video:
What is the plan vs
aggro decks: The plan is simply to carry out the Awaken the Makers -quest while slowing your opponent down with your minions like Mistress of Mixtures and Plated Beetle. Then there is heavy broard control spells like Dragonfire Potion and Spirit Lash (with possible Bloodmage Thalnos upgrade). Also card Twilight's Call helps u gaining your quest points same time as reviving usefull deathrattle effects that help you to maintain your ground. When u finally fulfill your quest u may want to drop the Amara, Warden of Hope when your sure that you can recycle it back to your hand with cards like Youthful Brewmaster and/or Zola the Gorgon. The optimal combo is to first drop Amara, Warden of Hope then take a copy of its body with Zola the Gorgon and then return Zola to your hand with Youthful Brewmaster to keep the 8,8 body on the field each time. With these cards u have chance to revive your hp up to 160 in one game. While doing this, only thing u need to do is outresourcing your opponent, example Shadowreaper Anduin is a great tool for that. This is the easy part.
Control decks: Now it gets interesting. With slower decks we want to draw our wincondition fast and same time carry out the quest while controlling the board. Loot Hoarder and Bloodmage Thalnos are great cards to do just that. They can be multibled with Mirage Caller and then revived with Twilight's Call to maxium card draw. We want to draw Lorewalker Cho and King Togwaggle and gain atleast (recommendation) 2 Coin's from Gilded Gargoyle. Shadowreaper Anduin is also good to have in hand before u do the combo. The combo is to swap decks with your opponent permanently while you are ahead of the draw of your deck so that your opponent starts to fatigue before you do. Also this method may ruin your opponents gameplay or otk -combos. To maintain the lead on the card draw, we can also fill their deck with their minion with spell Psychic Scream.
Combo example: Your opponent haves 8 cards in their hand. You drop first Lorewalker Cho and then play 2 Coin's so your opponents handsize is now 10. After this you just play King Togwaggle to swap the decks. This leaves your opponent without the King's Ransom adn the ability to swap decks back.
Combo example 2: Your opponent haves 4 cards in their hand. You duplicate Lorewalker Cho with Mirage Caller and then play 3 Coin's giving your opponent 6 Coin's total to make their handsize to 10 cards before dropping King Togwaggle.
When doing this combo you may want to have atleast few recycling options to your Amara, Warden of Hope and some boardcontrolling tools to stop your opponents last efforts.
- Againts slow decks you dont have to play every deathrattle minion that u hold in your hand. You should keep your mind on those cards you want to revive later with Twilight's Call.
- Even if we leave them some of our cards when playing King Togwaggle they usually cant create any threats to us, because our deck is mainly quest- and def- oriented. This is why swapping decks can be a defensive move againts more aggressive control decks as cubelock.
- Combo recipe: Bloodmage Thalnos + Mirage Caller + Spirit Lash = 7 -mana, deal 3dmg to all minions, clear the board, heal minium 9hp to max ~30hp AND draw 2 cards. That's a Ultimate Infestation but for priest.
- Deck has fairly little card draw, unless you succesfully combo cards like Loot Hoarder and Bloodmage Thalnos with Mirage Caller and Twilight's Call. I personally always try to get card draw to my opening hand who ever im againts with.
- I have started to play this deck with different variations By replacing both Crystalline Oracle's. They are good cards in certain matchups, maybe they bring you some "meat" on the board or maybe some useful control spells. But too often i have found myself in a situation where they give me too expensive or useles cards like Doomguard that i cant play and remove space from my hand to my more usefull cards from deck.
(all clips are not from this exact variation of this deck.
VS bigspellpriest (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/7ADV525PsZ5JHAeN5gFPGP
VS controlmage (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/ChUH9XE2z4pbKqxCaRAXSf
VS dudepaladin - https://hsreplay.net/replay/QL6fgDPUrNNBD4wbno66cM
VS secretmage - https://hsreplay.net/replay/XGvTDmKv7sA6DQ2UFDXAWT
VS evolveshaman (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/Ac5BoJuBqGY9KtqiPnt9oD Worth watching
VS bigspellpriest (Toqwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/5t9xagfKpJ46quzLKiqg2S
VS bigspellpriest (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/NnsJCNxAGHNf3VBBaKTsGZ Worth watchin
VS cubelock (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/3rWgh5G545HzduDXpd8UXZ
VS "buffpriest" (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/WA4NvzPa7kWZ6wfHRYJByM Close fight
VS cubelock (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/tWqmrg3KmbvkJP262MxZ8i Perfect example how it should go
VS questmage (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/ekYcm87yKhXWCoALCf5Gtm
VS "jade-def-druid" (Togwaggle win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/kcJEgTJbLyqeACrywUd2LH
VS Rin (different win) - https://hsreplay.net/replay/dbQscj4MkFUZaSvJNxJy2a