Genn Greymane + Pirates = Sea Wolf Rogue
- The Even setup allows for turn 1 Hero Power EVERY GAME.
- This translates into strong turn 2 plays like Goblin Auto-Barber, Sharkfin Fan and Bloodsail Raider.
- Or in a cheap and ready ping, for early board dominance.
- During the rest of the game, a cheap hero power means you can ping more often and yet be ready for weapon buffs and combos. That is, a whole new take at Oil Rogue.
- However, deciding when to ping and when to hold weapon for incoming buff is still very relevant, and part of the challenge of the deck.
- 2 damage is good against Even Shaman's totems.
- Sap is HUGE against Big Priest and Even Shaman's Big guys.
- Ship's Cannon and Sharkfin Fan are good against Odd Paladin, You want to use all your pings (including dagger) against Recruits, while you try and rush their face with your minions, before their board becomes overwhelming.
- This deck suffers against Reno and Control decks, but you still have your fair chances to rush them down before their Reno (sometimes even after, if you can refill your hand).
- Do not overcommit your board against incoming AoE, including Druid's Spreading Plague.
- Cursed Castaway can deal with nasty taunts (Sludge Belcher, Tar Creeper) and has synergy exactly with your best finishers (Oil and Evis), and is surprisngly useful to close the game.
In case the meta shifts towards a Weapon-heavy meta (Odd and Kingsbane Rogue, Odd Paladin, but also Aluneth Mage and Pirate Rogue).
Enjoy, and please give it a +1 if you liked it!
Updates from RASTAKHAN'S RUMBLE
- Sharkfin Fan has obvious synergy in Even Rogue, and it turns out to be a key card in this deck. It offers general early board presence and additional tools against flood decks.
- Bloodsail Howler is consistent enough, if you apply some wise resource management. However, it impairs the strength of Hooktusk. Removed.
- walk the plan is useful against big early guys in Wild.
- Ticket Scalper is better than expected, since it adds a nasty threat, in the worst case. It is less consistent than Minstrel about card draw, but it is also not dependant on combo. You can consider running 1x Scalper and 1x Minstrel.
- Captain Hooktusk can be good as a last stand option, and a pseudo-card draw. The deck contains a fair number of solid Pirates that become particularly nasty with rush. If she turns out to be too slow for this deck, i'll switch back to Elven Minstrel.
- With Preparation in the deck, Cannon Barrage should be decent, at least as a one-of. Problem is that it stays inconsistent (some games it could win you the match, some others it is a dead card, or it hits the wrong targets), and i cannot find a card to replace for it. Maybe Eviscerate, but not sure.