Golden Heroes Coming Soon!

• Golden Heroes are coming soon to Hearthstone! With the next patch, when you hit 500 wins in Ranked Play mode with any given Hero, that particular Hero will become golden permanently! Golden Heroes gain cool, unique animations to their portrait and Hero Power. You can track your progress with any given Hero quickly and easily on the deck selection screen in Ranked Play mode. Look forward to gilding all of your Heroes in the finest of metals soon!

See the Golden Heroes here.

See a video with animated Golden Heroes here.
  • 03/06/2014 10:04 AMPosted by barnak
    are wins retroactive?

The 500 wins that are needed will not start counting until the Golden Heroes are implemented.
  • 03/06/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Malice

The 500 wins that are needed will not start counting until the Golden Heroes are implemented.

Could you make this casual as well i don't see the reasoning not to. 500 wins is 500 wins and frankly casual is alot harder than the ladder.

We don't have plans to make this available in Casual mode, as the Golden Heroes are intended to be a reward for participating in Ranked Play.
  • 03/06/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Gergall
    Once I have earned my golden Hero, will it only show up in Ranked Play or will it also show up in any of these modes: Casual, Practice, Arena?

Once earned, Golden Heroes will show up for Casual Play, Friendly Play, and Ranked Play.
  • Let's tone down on the hostility and the name calling in the thread. I'm here to answer any questions that you may have regarding the Golden Heroes, which is why the thread is open for replies, but let's keep the feedback constructive.
  • 03/06/2014 12:07 PMPosted by Arwen
    When can we expect the wins to start counting for the golden heroes?

The 500 wins for unlocking each Golden Hero will start counting once the Golden Heroes are implemented, which should be with the next patch.
  • 03/06/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Gergall

Thanks for the info!

I hope that someday in the future, players will have a means to earn golden heroes and golden cards to show off in the Arena!

Definitely something we are exploring!
  • 03/06/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Lech
    Can we opt to not use those golden hero portrait ?

Once unlocked, Golden Heroes cannot be disabled. However, this may be something that we will add in the future.
  • 03/06/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Zoing

Are you even planning on doing anything about people like me who will be farming new players to obtain these rewards faster?

Because my friend list kinda shows that rank 20 farming is already done a lot for gold and the portraits are only going to make it worse.

We are definitely looking into these types of situations.
  • [quote="119838698903"]

Sounds cool. Perhaps there will eventually be many different hero skins, and players will be able to choose from all they have unlocked.

Great idea. ;)