Ranting, Salt, and Blackballing

• Someone just told me(in the big office) that the more you come on here and spit salt and rant, your account gets blackballed.

I guess thats why I can't get outta R15 this season, or the season before that, and the season before, etc... etc...
  • 02/13/2018 09:53 AMPosted by Bozzburgh
    Someone just told me(in the big office) that the more you come on here and spit salt and rant, your account gets blackballed.

They lied to ya.

02/13/2018 09:57 AMPosted by EvilB
    You can rant. Just don't mention RNG manipulation. That could get you suspended.

Incorrect.

However, consistently bringing up the exact same, incorrect theory, regardless of what the thread is about, to the point it is spam, can result in actions being taken.
  • 02/13/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Bozzburgh
    Dunno. It was your people boss!

Not sure what was said or who said it, but that just isn't the case.

02/13/2018 10:24 AMPosted by Bozzburgh
    If in fact "we"

Just to clarify, my response was only to the 2 posters that were quoted.

With all due respect, on behalf of the many paid or paying customers, do we not deserve any explantion of the "mysteries" that present themselves?

I do what I can to explain what I can and what I can't, I deliver to Team 5 as feedback my dude.

Not sure what "mysteries" you are referring to.

We aren't free to discuss what happens in the game and it seems as when anyone does and plausability presents itself, posts get deleted.

This has be addressed many times before. Players are always free to discuss what they like. However, delivery tends to be the issue at hand, not the context.

If someone is attacking others, calling names or just flat out being disrespectful, this is when the post/poster is addressed.

With the matter of Hearthstone being rigged, that "secret programming is altering player interactions" or anything along those lines, that topic has been done to death. There is no "special programming". If a player wants to believe that, that is fine. However, the topic on the forums always spins into a flame war.

I have tried to leave threads up for players to have a reasonable discussion, at the request of some posters, and it just doesn't work.

Hearthstone isn't rigged. There is nothing "targeting players who do certain things" and if someone truly believes that, no further explanation is going to change their mind.

This has all been addressed before.
  • It is very possible to build a case with a small test bed or specific examples cherry picked as needed.

As stated, players will believe what they want regardless of what information is provided. I have given examples and situations before and it is always met with the same "you just say that because you work there" style of response.

You are free to believe what you wish.

I replied to this thread to address the matter of the OPs concern with forum interactions effecting his account. That has been covered and I will leave it at that.

Do keep in mind, should this turn into a typical "ITS RIGGED" thread, it will be locked to prevent the inevitable flame war that follows.

Thank you.
  • 02/14/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    I just comment on them to the new people who come in constantly to open them

Not constantly. And while it may be 1 new person who opens one, it is the same handful who immediately find it as an opportunity to hop on the pedestal.

02/14/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    ALSO, the ones who believe the rng is manipulated are NOT the ones who throw insults at others.

It is both sides.

I have covered before about sample sizes, confirmation bias, individual experiences, and so on. There is always the comment of "show us proof" from both sides of the fence.

There is enough client side information and people outside of Blizzard tracking mass amounts of data, that if there was something to be found, it would have been. A great example of RNG not working as it should, that was picked up by the community, was an early bug with the draw rate of Nat Pagle and the duplicate draw issue of tri-class cards with Mean Streets of Gadgetzan.

These were also great examples of research, recognizing an issue, presenting data and getting the matter addressed. Not just random posts of "ITS BROKEN CAUSE IT IS!"

I shared a story of when I was in QA and felt something was off and the massive test case that was ran. 84,000 examples. This wasn't to relate on that post, but to give an example of how much testing goes into making sure things are working as they should be.

I see some post about "Activision purchased the rights to rigging matches". While at face value of whatever post you are reading it may seem that way, I have always highly encourage people to look into the actual functionality of such a program. As well as, there have been amazing explanations of how it works produced by other posters. It is not what some want it to be.

"It is a business, so it is in their best interest to rig things". I am not sure what kind of companies or businesses some may be used to dealing with, but I am not sure where "cheating your customer" seems like good practice. It is definitely not one Blizzard practices.

Our response on the whole "rigged" topic has been stated. This includes comments over "rigged draws", "rigged to benefit streamers", "rigged to break win streaks", "rigged matchmaking" and each other "rigged" statements that falls into these categories. This just isn't the case.

Players will believe what they want, regardless of how many times the contrary may be stated. This topic has been covered inside and out. There is just nothing new that is presented in any of the threads. Each of these threads, no matter what, always spirals into the same back and forth. Due to these reasons, I will just be locking/removing them from now on. Not because there is anything to hide. Simply, because majority of the responses are just being copy/pasted from others and they end up being downvoted into oblivion regardless.

If you feel there is an issue with your account, please reach out to Customer Support.

If you find an exploit or think someone is hacking the game, please send a detailed e-mail to [email protected]

If you do feel you have found a matter where a card or interaction may not be working as intended, please post a detailed report about it on the Bug Report Forums so it can be investigated further.

There is a point where speculation becomes spam and moving forward, this topic will be treated as such.

Thank you.