Comments from Brode

• Greetings everyone!

As balance is a common topic on the forums here, I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben. :)

"Been reading discussions about card balance; we have an update coming next month which will include some cool events, and that is when any balance changes would happen. We'll be sure to announce any changes as the patch gets closer. See you at the HCT World Championship next week!"
    - Ben Brode

So, what are your thoughts on what could be coming? Who is excited for HCT World Championships? Anyone going to be in Amsterdam to attend? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Remember, keep it civil ;)
  • Fair points on Wild. There are some cool ideas in the works. I'll see if I can get you guys some updates that can be shared.

01/11/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Vaedor
    It appears that what we were discussing last week about the lack of communication on their official site wasn't addressed at all as we were relayed information from Jesse once again instead of anyone else from Team 5.

In those same discussions, I also said it wouldn't happen overnight. Things have a process and change does take time.

One bit of that feedback was that info shared in other places wasn't being posted to the forums. I'm trying to change that. This wasn't an "official" announcement as much as it was a comment from Ben. It is a comment towards topics heavily discussed here, so I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Doing what I can to improve, just gotta work with me while we get there. :)
  • 01/11/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Vaedor
    Jesse do you not think information like that should be posted on the OFFICIAL GAME SITE first rather than on other sites?

Official announcements, sure. And they are. Either through Blogs, videos or otherwise.

As for specific comments or discussions...I think this is a tougher situation. If a conversation is happening, I would rather that conversation continue in its true form than for a Dev to stop mid sentence (or typing) and go "hmmm, I should make a post on the forums before continuing my conversation". I think one of the best things about those conversations is the response/answer being given is more personal because it is in the moment.

NOW! I know the above is an extreme example. Not saying that is what you are getting to at all. Just, Dev members have their own way of connecting with the community and I think that human connection is super important. So I would rather share that moment with you than it not exist at all.

01/11/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Vaedor
    I know that changes won't happen overnight but we also had the same discussion last year about the lack of communication and it's still an ongoing thing with Team 5.

I can't speak on anything from the past. My focus is on the now, as cliche as that may sound >.< However, communication has always been a VERY important topic for Team 5. I think this brings up the great point of transparency. The community team is always working hard to bridge that communication gap between players and Blizzard, we just gotta let you guys know the details on these things so it doesn't seem like it is the same reoccurring matter. Very fair points.
  • 01/12/2018 02:01 AMPosted by Wolfbaine
    Keep up the good work, this is much better reading on the forum the last few days.

01/12/2018 07:56 AMPosted by TheRiddler
    Just wanted to salute the "here's what others have said in places not here" effort. Keep that stuff up, please.

01/12/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Skruff
    Jessie, is that something you could set up for us? That'd be really great. Thanks.

I think that is a solid idea! I'll see what I can do :)