Why all the blue posts now after YEARS of silence?

• Just curious.

I assume it's related to money somehow.
  • We do a lot of press interviews, articles, podcasts, posting on reddit, just not a lot of interaction here on the official forums. As with a lot of things, it's just a question of having the bandwidth. For me personally, it made sense to try and spend more time posting here as opposed on on reddit. One of the reasons is that there are a few other developers like Brode or Mike that do regular posting there. Another reason is that it's historically been true that if something the community thinks is important is said here, it usually finds its way to reddit. The same has not always been true the other way around.
  • 10/22/2017 12:22 PMPosted by Thror
    10/22/2017 12:14 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala
    nother reason is that it's historically been true that if something the community thinks is important is said here, it usually finds its way to reddit. The same has not always been true the other way around.

there is a reason for that, and blizzard doesnt want to acknowledge it:

Twitter/reddit/etc are not your OFFICIAL website, those are 3rd party communities. whats the web address here again? battle.net/hearthstone. THIS is where people come first, because THIS is where we expect you guys to be. If i want information on Destiny2, i would go to bungie.net because that's their home front. If i want information about magic the gathering, i go to their HOME.

If i want information from the SOURCE of the produce, i go to the SOURCE. not reddit. not twitter.

We do all of our major announcements here, but the majority of casual conversation has happened on those third party sites you speak of. Places like reddit, twitter, and facebook are incredibly popular and I think we should continue to engage there as well.
  • 10/22/2017 01:29 PMPosted by wesdeyn
    Starts to get criticism and he disappears.

This is why we can't have nice things.

It's sunday. I went to get tacos with my friend Dustin that works on the Web and Mobile team. (They were delicious).

I mentioned this in another thread but part of the deal when talking on the forums is that at some point you have to go and it can leave the people left behind in the thread feeling ignored. It's a problem without a great solution.