Wild Meta

• I see a ton of posts about Standard, but very few about Wild. Can anyone enlighten me about the Wild meta?
  • 10/21/2017 04:45 PMPosted by Plikuscht
    I see a ton of posts about Standard, but very few about Wild. Can anyone enlighten me about the Wild meta?

I've been playing a bunch of Wild lately. I see a lot of the Reno/Kazakus decks, but less Naga Sea Witch shenanigans than I would expect considering the amount of commentary about it. I've been playing Secrets Mage and Silver Hand Recruit Paladin. Having a lot of fun with the silver hand deck, it's fun to see old friends like Muster for Battle and Dr. Boom.
  • 10/21/2017 11:43 PMPosted by Blueduck
    10/21/2017 11:00 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala

I've been playing a bunch of Wild lately. I see a lot of the Reno/Kazakus decks, but less Naga Sea Witch shenanigans than I would expect considering the amount of commentary about it. I've been playing Secrets Mage and Silver Hand Recruit Paladin. Having a lot of fun with the silver hand deck, it's fun to see old friends like Muster for Battle and Dr. Boom.

Do you and your team have any thoughts on the power of some of the highlander decks in wild?

In standard they are obviously pretty powerful but probably balanced. In wild they are unbelievably powerful; especially when reno gets to play with new friends.

In regards to the giants; they are annoying and not fun to play against but are destroyed pretty easily by lightbomb and a lot of other wild staples.

Strictly in terms of win rate, decks in wild are very close together so it's hard to say any particular deck is unbelievably powerful in the context of the wild meta. Over time, I think the decks that capitalize the most on having access to every card are decks with high-synergy among as many cards in their deck as possible. Reno/Kazakus/Raza decks rely more on the power of those individual cards, so I think over time other decks that take better advantage of the format will overshadow them.