Patches was stealth nerfed.

• I'm going to start keeping track, though even if I play at lot of games that won't every actually prove it, just make it more likely that my results are an extreme outlier. However, Lifecoach ended up with Patches in his opening hand 8 times in a row. Seems pretty funny. Well, lately I've noticed I get him in my opening a lot, like 50% of the time. I just got him in my opening hand 3 games in a row, and at least 3 other games earlier this morning, and I haven't played that many games today. I noticed it yesterday too, but I'm only going to now start writing it down.

I believe, though I cannot prove, that he was stealth nerfed to appear in your opening hand more often.
  • No changes have been made to Patches.
  • 01/26/2017 02:02 PMPosted by Dunwine
    Why do you even reply to these tilfoils?

Some folks just see things differently. Just trying to help.

:)
  • 01/26/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Columbus
    Jesse Hill is a qt irl.

/blush

01/27/2017 05:26 AMPosted by Bdmblue
    Appreciated

All hail Jesse, King of the forums!

HAHAHAHA - this made my morning.

01/27/2017 06:32 AMPosted by Regular
    Variance plus confirmation bias could probably account for that.

Fun story. When I worked in QA for Hearthstone, I mentioned something to one of the other testers about how something felt off. He said this exact same thing to me. I understood it, but it's hard to see something other than what is right in front of you. This is why I respond to posts some would call "tinfoil" hat posts. I get it.

Anyways, I wanted to see for myself just how "random" it was. So I reached out to one of my automation guys and asked him to run some test cases for me. Maybe a couple hundred just to be sure.

He sent me the results for about 84,000 tests and it was totally what Regular points out.

The amount of testing that goes into all the aspects of Hearthstone is pretty awesome.