"Not enough space"

• This is the error I get while at the "unpacking crates" installation screen, almost at the end.

Since it's mentioned no where, what amount of space does it need, and how much space does it require during installation?

It might also be a VERY good idea to mention that on the store page and on this website.....

Kind regards,

D
  • Seems that you would be able to set your device to not install direct to the SD card?
  • 12/17/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Dravus
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/15537526541?page=1&utm_expid=68589644-24.yOgsCsWhSz-gOSDIbl82Wg.0#7

Blue responsed to me. Nothing new but you can tell the threads are being ignored.

Not being ignored and I apologize if it's coming across like that. Unfortunately it's something that's not going to be resolved immediately, it's something we're going to be looking into and in the mean time I'm going to be getting "~1gb internal storage available" added to our minimum spec documentation.
    Sorry for the overall inconvenience.
  • 12/17/2014 02:34 PMPosted by Nerlin
    Hi Sapperwix,
    to clarify this a little bit: Hearthstone extracts game assets to the DATA partition. This is different from Internal Storage.

The data partition is usually small because it is meant to contain data created by the user while using the app (typically settings). It is not meant to hold the program's assets.

Can you please specify which devices you're attempting to install this with? In all of our tablet testing the devices would install to Internal Storage without any issues with partitioning. It may be specific to a particular device/family of devices.
  • We're actively working on a resolution for this issue. I don't have an ETA but we are aware that this is generating a lot of frustration. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Greetings again, I have an update and it's good news and bad news.

Good news, we are implementing some improvements that will allow you to more easily move the client to an SD card and back. This should help resolve any cases where you wanted to keep the apps off your internal memory. The fix for this should be out in the coming weeks with the next update.

The Bad news, if your device has less than 1gb of internal memory you will still be unable to install the client for now. This is presently a limitation of how applications are installed on devices as client data can only be extracted/installed to internal memory, this is not usually a problem since most apps have a much smaller footprint but is unfortunately the reality with a game of the scale of Hearthstone. I'm aware that this is very frustrating as this is how some devices are configured by default. We are still working on a resolution but it is not an easy fix.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience for what we've been able to resolve.
  • 01/31/2015 03:28 AMPosted by AmShaegar
    It's weird how other games that have an even larger footprint (~3gb)

I'm curious what your example is? It would help us diagnose the issue.
  • This is still something that is on our radar and we are exploring options but I do not have a ETA for resolution.
  • Can y'all try out this method and let us know if that works for you?
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/17070856971?page=1