Updates - Times in EDT
5:35 PM: Updated EU timer after Blizzard changed the timezone to CEST.
3:45 PM: Added videos of all the new hero powers.
Tavern Brawl Releases Wednesday
Patch 9166 is now live and with that, Tavern Brawl begins soon. The first Brawl will begin on Wednesday.
Tavern Brawl Cards
We datamined cards which are exclusive to premade Tavern Brawl decks. Go check them out!
Site Update: New Deck Filter + Tavern Brawl Deck Type
In preparations for Tavern Brawl, we've added a new deck type to the site called "Tavern Brawl". When making and sharing decks for Tavern Brawl, remember to use this deck type so others can find it easily!
With this we've also got a new deck filter which allows you to selectively include and exclude different deck types. Very useful if you don't want to see Tavern Brawl or PvE Adventure decks! You can check it out on our decks page under additional filters.
Please leave feedback on today's site update in this thread.
Site Update #2: New Deck Pages!
We've updated our deck pages to look much cleaner and display more information. You can check out an example of the new pages by heading on over to Donnie's Mech Warrior deck. If you'd like your social information to show up on your decks, you can edit this in your profile under social.
New Heroes Now Available
Three new heroes are now available in the shop for $9.99 USD each. We've got short in-game preview available for each hero below. You can also check out our video which shows off the new collection manager ui and buying the new heroes.
Collection Manager UI, Hero Picker, Shop UI
Official Patch Notes
Additionally, it looks like golden heroes are now working in arena!
- Introducing Tavern Brawl! Each week, a different Tavern Brawl will pit you head to head versus another player using exciting and unique rules. One week might feature preset decks, while another week could have you crafting a brand new Tavern Brawl deck following specific guidelines, while others might offer buffs to specific minion types. The possibilities are endless! Tavern Brawl unlocks for players who have at least one Hero at level 20.
- New Challengers Appear! Make room at the table for new heroes! New heroes put a fresh face on the existing classes you know and love. There are new heroes for the Warrior, Hunter, and Mage classes and each one features an animated portrait, a unique animated version of that classes' existing hero power, a special "hero tray", all new emotes, gorgeous match start animations, and a themed card back.
- Warrior Hero Magni Bronzebeard is now available for purchase.
- Hunter Hero Alleria Windrunner is now available for purchase.
- Mage Hero Medivh is now available for purchase.
- You can now assign a card back to each of your decks.
- You can now view your hard-earned card backs as well as card backs you have not yet acquired in the collection manager.
- The collection manager has been updated. In addition to the new card back and heroes tabs, the crafting button is in a new location, filtering cards by mana cost can be turned on and off by selecting the gems, and there is a new section for filtering cards by set.
- The following card backs have been added:
- Galaxy Gifts
- Darnassus - Acquired by reaching Rank 20 or higher in Ranked Play mode during the month of June. Card backs are awarded at the end of the Ranked Play season.
- The Blackrock Mountain game board has been added to the game board rotation in Play and Arena mode.
- Core Rager now properly shows its attack and health buff in the History Tiles.
- Fel Reaver now properly generates History Tiles when it destroys cards.
- Non-golden Chromaggus now properly creates golden cards when the card drawn is golden.
- Nozdormu no longer continues to produce a sandstorm effect after being Transformed.
- Gang Up no longer displays more than 3 cards after being used on cards with Choose One.
- Fixed an animation issue when golden cards with Taunt are destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Steamwheedle Sniper's targeting effect was not appearing over the Golden Hunter's Hero Power.
- Fixed various graphical, sound, and UI issues.