Hearthstone Week in Review: Jan 9 - Jan 15
Last week was pretty busy with the developers back in office and coming out to play with the community.
- Ben Brode talked about the role of basic decks in the new player experience.
- Mike Donais confirmed we wouldn't see ladder changes in the next set, discussed current meta, and Small-Time Buccaneer.
- Mike Donais stated it was unlikely we'd see more Reno cards in the near future, talked about the different Gadgetzan themes, and gave us a look at how some legendaries in Gadgetzan evolved.
- Ben Brode and Dean Ayala did a live Developer Insights where they discussed potentially upcoming changes to Arena & Ranked.
- We saw Cart Crash at the Crossroads return for Tavern Brawl.
- We released a site update that increased performance for many users.
- As a follow-up to our site update, we fixed some bugs including Arena Simulator adjustments and the return of achievement trophies.
- We featured some decks of lesser played archetypes in a new weekly feature, Something New to Play Tuesday.
- Why not Wild? Check out this past week's Weekend Wacky Wild Decks.
- Who made the most popular decks on the site? Take a look at the past week's Top Decks of the Week.
- Blizzard announced the HCT Winter Championships would be in the Bahamas!
- The third China vs North America Hearthstone Challenge tournament is taking place this week, learn more.
Super Cool Videos
- Value Town #103 - Keeping it Fresh
- The Angry Chicken #191 - Bathtub Design
- A Different Take on Mage Arena by Kripparrian
- Talkstone: Standards & New Player Experience by Noxious
- Firebat has the Biggest... Eggs
- Kripp Plays Arena - When he complains, it goes faster
- Hearthstone Main Theme Cover by Alina Gingertail