Design Insights with Ben Brode - The Dark Side of Releasing New Content
The PlayHearthstone Youtube channel uploaded a video of Ben Brode which addresses community feedback on recent content releases and how they affect new and current players. You can check out the video, and a recap of it, below.
Ben has also stated that he wishes to do more of these types of videos in the future, so stay tuned.
Quote from Ben Brode
- They're aware that you need to collect a lot more cards nowadays and that it can be daunting to new players.
- A commitment to players to keep things fresh and exciting which means making more powerful cards to change up the meta.
- More powerful cards doesn't mean every expansion is going to have inflated numbers for reduced mana costs.
- New cards that creep upon old ones can be created when the old ones never saw play, and that's ok.
- Long term game health is very important, they want to see Hearthstone going on forever.
- They're still looking for ways to fix these problems, and community feedback is important.
Card Design Competition - Finalist Voting
This week, on a Special Edition of our Weekly Card Design Competition, the winners of our Class Creation Competition return to enter the Grand Tournament! Will you, like the Twilight's Hammer, call tentacled knights to joust in your honor? Or, like the Merchant, are you only inspired by the tournament's profit potential?
Well, we'll be crowning two champions this week, one from each class, so check out the finalists and vote for your favorites! You can learn more about the two classes, Merchant and Twilight's Hammer by clicking on their portraits below.
Tavern Brawl #13 Decks - Double Deathrattler Battler
This week's Tavern Brawl theme is Double Deathrattler Battle.
Death is not quite the end... because minions with Deathrattle now rattle twice.
If you're looking for some fun community created decks to get that free card pack, or to play throughout the brawl, we've got you covered. Check out a couple of our favourites below and be sure to head on over to the full brawl deck listing to find others. Don't forget you can share your own creations by building your deck in our deckbuilder and setting the deck type to Tavern Brawl.
|Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck|
|Minion (22)||Ability (8)|