Heroic The Four Horsemen's Druid
Hi everyone and welcome to this week's Heroic Military Quarter's guides. I'm MrPLJ and today I have attempted to build F2P decks to beat those demonic bosses. The Four Horsemen is the final boss of the quarter, let's see what he has prepared for us.
Let's start with the good news, Baron Rivendare is the Enemy Hero and his three "colleagues" are his minions... and thats it! Baron Rivendare will not play one single other minion during the entire game, plus he has only 14 life points! Sounds easy enough, well guess again.
Whilst the three other horsemen are on the field, the Baron will be immune to any attack/damage until Lady Blaumeux, Thane Korth'azz and Sir Zeliek are either killed or silenced. These horsemen are already on the field when the game begins, each having 2/7 stats. Also Baron Rivendare will usually unsheathe his sword the Runeblade on turn 2 which is a 2/3 blade which gets an additional 6 attack if the three horsemen are dead. Baron Rivendare also has at least two copies of his signature spell Mark of the Horsemen which gives Baron's weapon and all his minions +1/+1.
Final point to consider, Baron Rivendare doesn't play any minions, but will play a lot of spells and secrets (Paladin's secrets Avenge, Redemption and Repentance). In terms of spells, Baron plays a mix of Mage, Warlock, Priest and Paladin cards, including Frostbolt, Corruption, Mortal Coil, Soulfire, Drain Life, Shadowbolt, Shadow Word: Pain, Shadow Word: Death and Consecration.
- Muligan hard for Naturalize, as you will be able to play it turn 1 and possibly if you are lucky enough to have two, play them both on turn 2, in case Baron plays Avenge turn 1. If you don't get a good hand, I suggest you restart the game as it will be very difficult to beat him otherwise.
- After a turn 1 Naturalize, you want to throw minions at him so he starts emptying his hand of spells. Try your best to keep a silence or two in hand as well as an Acidic Swamp Ooze, you will need them when the last Horsemen gets buffed or when Runeblade is blade respectively.
- Once the first Runeblade is gone and the last Horsemen is silenced you can start going to the face whilst doing the best you can to survive through heals and taunts.
- Most of the minions in the deck as suppose to be difficult for Baron Rivendare to handle, they trade 2-for-1 at least and sometimes more. I've had him waste up to 4 cards on my Druid of the Claw, so the more minions you put the lower hand size he has and the more chances you have of defeating him.
- Last but not least, it is important to be very mana efficient, that will usually make the difference between a win and a loss. Having two mana left at the end of a turn and using the hero power can save you, maybe not now but later in the game. Also, saving those silences until truly needed or ready to attack the face is essential!
I hope this guide and deck will help you overcome this tricky boss battle. I personally have a 75% win rate against him when starting with at least one Naturalize in my hand, so persistence and good RNG will see you victorious!