First of all, i want to say that i speak French and my English is far from perfect. I will probably make mistakes and I apologize for that.
The idea of the deck
I would like to thank you for your interest in my deck. I know that most players consider that the priest quest is better in wild and not viable on the ladder.
When i created the deck, i wanted above all to try to make the priest quest viable. I didn't like the existing versions that i found too slow, especially with Devilsaur Egg or even Spiritsinger Umbra (I apologize for those who like it). I know very well that this deck will not break the meta and will not become a tiers 1 without addition of new cards in a future extension. However, i also know that we're all trying to find new decklist, and discover other lists than rogue quest, pala murloc, taunt warrior etc. I really believe that this list will allow you to change of scenery.
Construction of the deck
The deck depends on three key cards : Amara, Warden of Hope , Lyra the Sunshard and N'Zoth, the Corruptor. I didn't have at the beginning Lyra the Sunshard but I finally crafted it and i must say that i'm not disappointed at all. This card has definitely her place in my deck.
This cards works/combines very well with the following cards : Potion of Madness Power Word: Shield Shadow Visions Shadow Word: Pain Shadow Word: Death Holy Nova Dragonfire Potion Radiant Elemental
There is 12 spells in the deck. Amoung this 12 spells, there are 10 spells that cost between 1 and 3 mana, which will allow you to generate a lot of value with Lyra the Sunshard. If Lyra the Sunshard stay on the board, she can snowball the opponent and will give you all the answers needed to control the board of the opponent (by answers i mean : Shadow Word: Pain Shadow Word: Death and sometimes evenDragonfire Potion). i add 2 Radiant Elemental in order to reduce the cost of spells and generates more value. I think everyone already knows the power of Lyra the Sunshardand I will not dwell on it, but i still ready to answer to your questions.
2. Amara, Warden of Hope
This card needs the following cards in order to play it : Crystalline Oracle Shifting Shade Tortollan Shellraiser Volatile Elemental Cairne Bloodhoof N'Zoth, the Corruptor
I find this card phenomenal, even if i know that most of you will not agree with me. Depending on when you play it, it can actually break the game.
You need to play it after the burst of a mage freeze, after being crushed by the attacks of pirates, or beast of an aggressive deck. It should not be forgotten that in addition to giving you 40 life point, it also gives an 8/8 provocation for 5 mana. If Amara, Warden of Hope is not directly killed, it can inflict great damage on the opponent, or controls the opposing board. Given the fact that it only costs 5 mana, and will often be played mid-late game, you will have 5 others mana to control the opposing board or invoke minions, so your turn will be more than profitable. If you play it at the right time it can be totally gamebraker. You just have to be careful not to play it directly after the quest is completed, you have to wait until the simple fact of putting your life points at 40 can unbalance your opponents. It is necessary to succeed to temporize the game with the many spells of the deck, especially withLyra the Sunshard , to manage the board of your opponent.
3. N'Zoth, the Corruptor
This card combines with the following cards : Crystalline Oracle Shifting Shade Tortollan Shellraiser Volatile Elemental Cairne Bloodhoof
N'Zoth, the Corruptor has different functions. I love this card since the olds gods. It allows you to complete your quest. The opponent doesn't suspect that in one round while the quest is at 4/7, may suddenly go to 8/7 and thus be completed. That's simple, if you already invoked 4 minions and you play N'zoth, your quest will be at 8/7. This acceleration is necessary since there are only 7 deathrattle in the deck.
N'Zoth, the Corruptor can also allow you to pass from an empty board to a board filled with deathrattle minions. Many players consider that the current deathrattle cards are not op. However it would be a lie to say that all of them are just useless. Here is my opinion on the different cards of the deck :
- Shifting Shade gives you a card of the opponent's deck, considering the fact he uses good cards in his deck, you will get most of the time usefull cards.
- Tortollan Shellraiser is also a good card, its a 4 mana minion with taunt which is pretty good against pirates and hunters. It will not deal a lot of damage but it will improve a minion with her deathrattle +1/1;
- Cairne Bloodhoof is an old card and i love this one. it survives the Dragonfire Potion, has 4 in attack to counter priest's spells and once on the board allows you to control opponent's minions, while being healed with Northshire Cleric . It's definitely a good card with N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
- Crystalline Oracle : the only utility of this card is to complete the quest for 1 mana, and draw a card from the opponent's deck just like Shifting Shade.
- Volatile Elemental : this card is also a way to complete the quest and can also allows you to control the board. For two mana, you deal with his deathrattle effect 3 damage to a creature. You can use it to kill a minion with 3 life points or to help to kill a bigger one.
It remains for me to explain some other cards of the deck :
- Radiant Elemental : This card is very strong. In turn two, you can already take possession of the board by using Potion of Madness Power Word: Shield for 0 mana. The perfect follow up would be to have the Kabal Talonpriest and consolidate it. A good turn 3 can also be the Northshire Cleric with a heal to draw a card. If it remains on the board it can generate a lot of value especially with Lyra the Sunshard.
- Shadow Visions is an essential card: it allows you to adapt your deck to the situation, especially by creating a second potionfire to clear the board, or to combine with Lyra the Sunshard. This is definitely a card you need to put in your deck.
Tar Creeper : is a card which is very interesting to stop aggro deck especially if it's improved with the Kabal Talonpriest and Power Word: Shield. It allows you to temporize in order to obtain the necessary spells to control the opponent's minions or to protect an important minion likeLyra the Sunshard, Northshire Cleric or the Radiant Elemental.
- warrior taunt : https://hsreplay.net/replay/mYPAQxKhvonuZQjMacSTzE
- Pirate warrior : https://hsreplay.net/replay/DxboMgD5DFPLEUNDtCnHEi
- Hunter (shortest video ever) : https://hsreplay.net/replay/3QwjQFkCxfCxX8WamWbfyi
- ... (under construction)
I still need to : 1) add mulligan, 2) description of the machups, 3) add replays against other classes, 4) give you the stats of the deck [it's coming]
Thank you ;)!
HERE ANOTHER DECK FROM ME : CONTROL PRIEST RANK 10 to 5