I greet you!
I'm here to build a deck for Gul'dan's quest and make it great once and for all! :)
This deck will probably see some changes in the near future.
The main problem with the new Warlock quest is that everyone want to build it like an aggro-zoo deck. It will definitely NOT work that way.
We should build the quest deck in a slightly different midrange oriented way. In this stage of the game there are enough stuff which could give you advantage for discarded cards. Here are some tips and whys for the deck below.
- Stonehill Defender is an easy way to fill your hand, protect yourself and discover Lakkari Felhound,
- Earthen Ring Farseer can help you to heal yourself and your damaged minions to be comfortably on board,
- Most of the time you don't need to play the quest in the 1st Turn. Mistress of Mixtures, Flame Imp and Voidwalker is much more perfect 1 drops.
- There are some main factor in gameplay: Mulligan, and how can you manage your Lakkari Felhound, Doomguard and Malchezaar's Imp. It needs some (not so hard) strategy.
- Most of the time (in general) you can complete the quest in Turn 7 and you can play Nether Portal (and probably a fatted Clutchmother Zavas) in the next turn.
- Some control cards like Elise the Trailblazer, Abyssal Enforcer and Shadowflame could easily fit in the deck.
- If you don't have to then never play Clutchmother Zavas while the quest isn't completed. It is a guaranted card what you can discard every turn. In some situations it is much more important than a 4/4 body on the board. But it is really good with Shadowflame too.
- Why Chittering Tunneler? It is both a fun factor and an out-of-jail card. Really flexible and really random too. :D It has potential because in this type of deck there aren't any space for spells and every matchup needs different tools. So it seems like a good solution for this problem.
UPDATING IN PROGRESS...