I'm Sipiwi94. Last season I hit Legend #6. (I ended the season below this)
This deck is all about getting board control with good early game removals and minions. You have to keep making good trades all game until you have lethal. Remember to count for lethal because this deck has an unexpected burst with Assassin's Blade, Deadly Poison, Leeroy Jenkins, etc.
The rogue cards are simply high value cards that often trade more than 1 for 1. This is not true for Sap and Cold Blood though. I found out that Sap was very good at closing out games since it's just a cheap Assassinate until the minion is played again. Cold Blood is also good at finishing games (Leeroy Jenkins +Cold Blood), or playd when the opponent has an empty board.
The neutral cards are also primarily high value cards. I want to highlight some though. Blood Knight is a decent minion that can single handedly win games. I often have Argent Squire + Blood Knight in my hand and it's very powerful. Loot Hoarder, Azure Drake and Bloodmage Thalnos are needed to not run out of cards, and spell power is very useful in most rogue decks.
If you don't have the legendaries Defias Ringleader or Scarlet Crusader could be an alternative to Nat Pagle and Bloodmage Thalnos since the card draws isn't a "must have" when you have Loot Hoarder. There is really no alternative to Leeroy Jenkins, but he is not needed for this deck to work. He could be replaced with Chillwind Yeti, or whatever 4-5 drop you'd like.
- It does well against most decks.
- You have to make a lot of decisions (not like aggro lock).
- It feels good to win with this deck, since it's not just a lucky draw (sometimes a Leeroy pops out in a fortunate moment though :-P)
- Taunts can be a pain. You can normally handle 1 or 2 big taunt but more can hurt.
This depends on the match up, but there are some guidelines you could follow in the beginning.
- Backstab, Deadly Poison, Argent Squire, Loot Hoarder, Nat Pagle, Harvest Golem should almost always be kept in the hand.
- SI:7 Agent should almost always be kept as second player.
- Against aggro Eviscerate and second Backstab are sometimes worth keeping.
- Bloodmage Thalnos is usually a good keep if you have a Backstab
- You should seek a 1, 2, and 3-drop in your opening hand, so if you have 2 2-drops you might want to throw 1 away.
I would love to hear if anyone has succes with the deck and if I'm missing something in this description of the deck. Good luck on the battlefield!
Also check out the reddit post about this deck http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1zmse5/if_you_need_a_deck_that_ranks_up_fast_and_can_be/
15-03-2014: -1 Pagle, -2 Sen'jin, -2 Argent Commander, +2 Defias Ringleader, +2 Chillwind Yeti, +1 Sprint
08-04-2014: - 1 Blood Knight, -1 Sap, -1 Cold Blood, +1 Black Knight, +1 Cairne Bloodhoof, +1 Edwin van Cleef