There is something wrong about balance

• So i was wondering which decks we will see at world championship in amesterdam and we surprising all 16 bring priest. And 15 bring warlock, 15 bring druid, 12 rogue, 3 paladins, 2 mages, 1hunter, 0 shamans and warriors.
    So these technacly r the best players at the moment, and ther y saying that only 4 classes r competetive way.
    What u guys think, i know priests and warlocks have huge controls ob the board.
    Now whats my point here, there s always 1 ban, right. Which will defenitly be priest or warlock.
    So i wad thinking that if they allowed 2 bans, which they have to bring one more deck . that would shake thinks a lot more.
    I think its very bad on world tourment having basicly half classes represented. This happens only cuz priezts and warlocks.
    Opinions?
  • 01/12/2018 09:03 AMPosted by minami
    That tournaments are not ladder.

In real ladder you can climb as any class as long as you adapt to your pocketmetagame.

Tournaments use more than one deck

01/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Swift
    Tournament play is very different than ladder play. Tech choices are much more important, and there's the element of bans and the roster of pre-made decks that each competitor brings to the table.

Fantastic points guys!

I feel some players fall into this rut of "it is played at a tourney so that is my only option". Ladder takes some adapting and adjustments. I'm not taking away from the fact that some classes have better match-ups. Just that tournament lists are the set in stone options for ladder play.

:)
  • 01/12/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Rôxo
    what is your opinion on 2 bans on tournment

I think it's an interesting concept. Just have to be careful with implementing things like this. It can quickly turn into "why not 3 or 4".

I think it could add a different spin on the variety of what someone would have to bring.

Oh! I'll bring this up to Innkeepers. Maybe we could see some ground work of how it works at Fireside Gatherings tournaments :) Would be fun to try for sure.
  • 01/12/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Goozmania
    People use the most powerful decks and cards.

Sure...but that doesn't mean the full card list is exactly the same. It is these possible differences that make the difference between tournament play and ladder play.

In my opinion, with ladder, you tend to lean towards more, direct consistency. Simply because you don't know who you may face next. So, you look to have an efficient deck that runs pretty much the same each game.

Tournaments, I believe there is a different expectation. Players will look to, of course, run proven, powerful decks, but with a heavier emphasis on direct counters.

These counter cards are much more impactful in a tournament situation. Simply because each win carries a heavier weight.

While I agree with your words, I think the order is off.

I believe Tournaments help to dictate ladder.

A deck is successful at a big tourney, people start playing it on ladder. Ladder adapts, a major deck makes its way to the top, Pro players practice on ladder playing against said deck. They make adjustments and think of counters. Go to the next tournament, win against the "popular deck", the the community sees what changes and decks do well and adjust.

Rinse & Repeat.

/shrug