Questions about the rng thread...

• jesse, you'd have been more believable if you didn't close the thread, right after it became painfully obvious the "non-manipulated rng" side of the discussion didn't have even a single valid point.

Basically your timing on closing the RNG thread made it look like you realized the people you thought would defend the rng were incapable of doing it, and their posts would only help to convince people the rng was indeed manipulated.

Might not be the reason, but it was right after I posted our points for the other side to refute, they failed, and then you closed it.

O and sorry for making a post like this... I don't know any other way to contact you. I would have just sent a message to ya if I knew how.
  • 12/06/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    right after it became painfully obvious the "non-manipulated rng" side of the discussion didn't have even a single valid point.

I believe this opinion can go either way. I felt there was more than enough points on both sides of the argument. If you choose not to acknowledge those as viable, that is your choice and more than okay. However, please do not discredit another's point just because it doesn't meet whatever standard you have set for "valid". Each person sees things in their own way and processes that information differently. As I mentioned in that thread, what one thinks is fact, appears to be obvious confirmation bias to another.

12/06/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    Basically your timing on closing the RNG thread made it look like you realized the people you thought would defend the rng were incapable of doing it, and their posts would only help to convince people the rng was indeed manipulated.

If that is how you see it, I won't argue it. It is not true, I will just respect your opinion.

As I stated in the thread, I closed it as not a single new argument was being presented. the last several pages were starting to look like the fist few and so on. When this happens in a thread, it quickly starts to degrade. I was already deleting posts and placing actions against players. I would much rather prevent a comment that is against the terms of use from being made by removing the opportunity to do so, than to allow it to happen and ban somebody. Especially when they may just be misspeaking out of frustration and that is not what they meant.

12/06/2017 10:03 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    Might not be the reason, but it was right after I posted our points for the other side to refute, they failed, and then you closed it.

They didn't fail. Your comments had been replied to multiple times within the thread. Not acknowledging them does not mean they weren't there. Now, you may have felt those answers were not what you were looking for and that is totally okay. However, there were times when yourself and others that were debating the topic had your back and forth turn into "show me proof! No you show ME proof! No you!" This is the type of "circling" I started from the start folks needed to avoid.

12/06/2017 10:14 AMPosted by EvilB
    I never think that closing threads like that is beneficial. Especially when thread after thread here can go on for days with name calling and abuse without notice.

I understand your point. However, (and I hope some notice this) I have been working to address all these threads. However, this takes time. Hopefully we will soon be in a place where respectful conversations are happening across the board. This is also why I have been asking that members of this forum stop quoting and responding to would be trolls. Please just ignore/report and allow us to deal with them.

12/06/2017 10:14 AMPosted by EvilB
    For some reason only the RNG manipulation threads are monitored closely.

Incorrect. There are a decent amount of threads that end up locked, deleted or modified. It is when we do these things that it isn't noticed. That is a sign we are doing it correctly. The down side is, you also don't see what actions are being done. It is a compromise I am willing to deal with. I would rather work to improve the forums and be seen as not doing anything than to do no improvement and appear to just focus on one thread at a time or something. Just something that comes with the territory.

12/06/2017 11:07 AMPosted by TripleM
    I think it's a valid question to ask how much RNG is manipulated.

I too think it is a valid question. However, let me point out something here. I posted a thread last week where I just straight up asked the community what kind of content they would like to read about. While there are a bunch of in-game suggestions as well as possible blogs, I did not see one person in there asking about numbers. In order for me to take feedback to Team 5, I need to show it is something the community wants to see. Now, I will state right now, there are just somethings that will never be shared. Coding, planning, whatever it may be. And of course there are business reasons around that. And I am 100% certain someone is reading that as "we rig the game but will never show we do". Which is fine. Process it how you want, but please do not try and use it as a quote of mine. I stand firmly on my comments about Hearthstone not being rigged and no "twisting" of words will change that.

12/06/2017 11:57 AMPosted by sky3union
    This thread is gonna be a good place for some laughs

At which point, I will not hesitate to close it down. I want players to be able to express themselves, but, once again, I do not want it coming at the expense of another. Be respectful or be gone.

Now, as calling out a Blue in a thread post is a violation, I was going to just close this down. However, I will leave it open for conversation and just edit the title. But, there are some stipulations.

- This is not a rebirth of the "Rigged" thread. If we end up in the same circling arguments, I will lock it.

- As I have given many, MANY warnings and made comments about being respectful, there will be zero tolerance for it. Comment in a productive way or just read and move on. I want this to be a place for constructive talk and criticism guys, but you have to work with me. I don't want to "mute" or boot anyone, so please do not give me or CS who helps moderate a reason.

- I will not argue with anyone so save the baiting. If you do not agree with an action that has been taken or a comment that has been made, feel free to present your side and we can discuss it. I am confident in the actions I take here, but I am always looking to improve. If there is feedback for me as a mod, I would love to hear it. If the feedback is "jump in lava omg i hate you", that is fine, but try and phrase it with a way that gives reason as well as a solution. This goes for EVERYONE on ALL threads. Just saying "you're stupid and what you are saying is dumb" doesn't do anything but cause them to react in kind. Try something like "i disagree because of these reasons: [add list] Because of these reasons, I find your argument to be incorrect."

I know these are out there examples, but you would be surprised how far a little tact and respect can go. Even if you do not respect someone's opinion, respect their right to have it.

Sorry for the wall of text, but in order for me to have these conversations and to explain why things happen, I need to cover multiple points.

Finally, the last thread was closed for the reasons stated in my closing post. None other than those.

Cheers,
    - Jesse
  • 12/07/2017 10:46 AMPosted by Alaskaneagle
    you are all a bit "over the top"

YOU LET THEM SAY WHAT THEY WANT!!! :D

Not that new....just new in the way you see me ;)

@Maximara....this is a brilliant statement. I won't add or rebuttal anything, but I do feel your perspective into the subject is very well put. Well done.

12/07/2017 11:29 AMPosted by LoveRhino
    I see someone being nice, so I try being nice to that person.

Try it. If everyone does it the thread will stay open.

Words of inspiration.

I will say though, the person in who you are responding to does a great job of keeping it together in conversations. While I am on the other side of the fence from Alaskaneagle and he has had a post or two that has, admittedly, made me yell "C'MON MAN!!!" at my monitor a time or so, he does set an example of how to state an opinion in a stern, positive manner.