Year of the Mammoth: Discussion Thread

• We've just announced a lot of exciting things for the upcoming year, including new content launches, innovative ways to get together and play with friends, improvements to keep Hearthstone fresh and exciting, and more!

Read the blog here: A Year of Mammoth Proportions

Let us know what you think!
  • 02/16/2017 10:36 AMPosted by OmegaBuster
    If we craft a Golden Ragnaros and kept the regular Ragnaros, does this mean we'll get 4,800 dust for free?

Same for Sylvanas and the others

No. If you have both golden and regular versions of the card, you will only receive a dust amount for the golden version.
  • 02/16/2017 10:49 AMPosted by Danicela
    If you have 10 Azure Drakes, do you get dust for all of them or only 2 ?

If no, can you explain the 30 card limit, with 4 non-leg and 2 leg cards, the max should be 4x2+2=10 ?

Only 2.
  • 02/16/2017 10:54 AMPosted by Mistico
    Are we going to be able to disenchant our cards for dust after the new year starts? For example, if I get credit for my golden Azure Drakes, can I disenchant them afterwards and get more dust and just keep my regular non golden ones? Same with Sylvanas and Ragnaros.

Yes, you can still disenchant them for their normal disenchant value.
  • 02/16/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Leonis
    Hi Jess! Thanks for posting. I do have some questions in regards to the upcoming change.

1. Are we going to be able to craft the cards from the "Hall of Fame" set in the future or will there be some sort of restriction like the Golden Gelbin?

Yes.
    02/16/2017 11:02 AMPosted by Leonis
    2. With the second "expansion" of the year being another major ~130 card addition, are the devs planning on adding further support to cards released in the first expansion of the year?

With each expansion, we will continue to add new things that are unique to the theme and flavor of that expansion. When it makes sense, we do want to support previous expansions. For example, we added dragons and dragon matters cards in support of Blackrock Mountain in the sets following Blackrock Mountain. We also added Deathrattle cards in every set which changed how good N'Zoth is.

3. Which brings us to this question: ~390 cards per year is a lot to obtain. How will that affect the F2P crowd?

Knowing that there will be so many new cards, I think it'd be daunting for any newer players, even if it's just getting the "meta relevant" ones. Is Blizzard planning on easing the process in obtaining cards?

There are no plans to change this at this time.
  • 02/16/2017 10:50 AMPosted by TheRiddler
    So Jesse, does this announcement mean that there will be NO more Single Player Adventures in Hearthstone except for the "optional single-player missions that will help develop the expansions’ thematic narratives"?

As announced, there will not be any new Adventures for Hearthstone this year. I think you will find the new single player missions to be equally enjoyable though!
  • 02/16/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Ajax
    I'm excited for this news, but I have a big question. Maybe I missed it in the announcements, but will Blizzard be keeping to the old model that Wild Adventures and cards are no longer purchasable through the store?

There are no plans to change that at this time.
  • 02/16/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Bareleon
    Can you explain what you mean by the new design for the expansion? It sounds like to me its the regular single player story modes but this time each wing will be free?

In the new expansion design, you will acquire cards through packs - just as we have in the past. Additionally, there will be free thematic missions to help tell the story and lore of the expansion!
  • 02/16/2017 12:26 PMPosted by Orion
    So to be clear, if I don't have Rag (I don't), if I craft a golden one now will I get the 3200 refunded when the rotation happens?

Correct! If you have a Golden Rag at the time of Set Rotation, you will be able to keep Golden Rag and receive 3200 dust back!
  • 02/16/2017 12:26 PMPosted by BadWolf
    I must say that adventures going away makes me pretty sad
    the single player adventures and specially the heroic modes are by far my favorite part of Hearthstone. I love the writing that Blizzard puts on them, I love the format and not having the pressure of playing against a human and I love that you get cards from it.

I know it's highly unlikely they'll reconsider at this point but I just wanted to say how I feel.

I love adventure missions too! Starting with the second expansion of 2017, we will be starting our new expansion design that also includes single-player missions. Players will acquire new cards through packs as we've seen in past expansions, but also have free access to these missions.

We're also planning to build upon this concept over time. I'm really excited for the future - I think you'll like it too. :)

Thanks for the great feedback!