BlizzCon Update: Metallica will be playing live at this year's BlizzCon concert!
Hearthstone on Android & Mobile Development Update
Zeriyah has posted a development update on Hearthstone for Android and Mobile devices. It can be summarized as:
- Hearthstone will be released on Android before the end of the year.
- The mobile version of Hearthstone, for phones, will take a bit longer to "get right".
Check out the full post below, and later, some awesome Hearthstone stats. Sixty-nine million Hounds?
Quote from Blizzard
Greetings to all card-slingers around the world!
Some time has passed since we last sat down and pow-wowed, and in that time a lot has happened. Since launching Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™ back in March, we’ve:
- Let players’ fingers do the dueling with the arrival of Hearthstone on iPad
- Survived the creepy-crawly wings of the floating necropolis of Naxxramas
- Added Windows 8 Touch compatibility
- Raised a mug in celebration of our 20 million players across the world
Throughout the past year, many of you have been asking about the release date for Hearthstone on Android. The team has been hard at work to bring Hearthstone to that platform, and is making great progress. We’re taking things one step at a time and we’ve got our sights set on a release for Android tablets, our next new platform, before the end of the year; we’ve just got a few more mana crystals to polish and some Angry Chickens to chase down.
We’re also close to having Hearthstone out to our iPhone and Android phone users, but it’s become clear that we need a little more time to get that version right. While we have a build up and running internally, it needs a bit more work, and we don’t feel like we’ll be ready to share it with you until early next year. It’s very important to us that the phone experience for Hearthstone is just as accessible as the tablet and PC versions. One of the biggest challenges with that is revamping the user interface so it feels intuitive and offers the same quality Hearthstone experience, but this time from the palm of your hand.
Releasing Hearthstone on iPhone and Android phones is something we’re incredibly excited about, but ultimately we’d rather take the extra time to make Hearthstone’s user interface on the phone customized to feel great for the platform, rather than a port that doesn’t taken into account the limitations of a smaller screen.
As always, we can’t thank you enough for making the game what it’s become. From the never-ending Fireside Gatherings you’re hosting around the globe, to the insane victories you’re sharing via videos and streams—and even the tough love we get at times—we’re all constantly blown away by our amazing community.
See you at BlizzCon. We can’t wait to show you what’s to come!
-The Hearthstone team
The Numbers Behind Hearthstone
Zeriyah posted an infographic along with the mobile update which includes some stats behind Hearthstone.
- 2 Billion hours of Hearthstone have been played. That's 237,365 years!
- Totemic Call is the most played Hero Power, followed by Fireblast and Armor Up!.
- The quickest run to legend was completed in 74 Ranked games.
- The longest recorded win streak was 24 games.
- Over 3 million players have achieved 12 wins in Arena.
- The most picked neutral cards in arena are Chillwind Yeti and Harvest Golem.
- 3 million Bananas have been eaten.
- 15 million Polymorphs have been cast.
- Unleash the Hounds has summoned one 69 million Hounds.
- Nerubian Egg has spawned 6 million Nerubians.
- Grand Widow Faerlina is the deadliest normal Naxxramas boss.
- Maexxna is the deadliest heroic Naxxramas boss.